Chapter 12: Epilogue

Percy and Ellie arrived back to the entrance of Camp Half-blood with Percy's mother and Ellie's mother and stepfather behind them. They turned around to say their goodbyes. Leah brought her daughter into a bone-crushing hug and whispered to her, "I'm going to miss you, my little Ellie-bear." Ellie whispered to her mother, hugging her for dear life, "I'm going to miss you too, Mum." Michael cleared his throat and said to his stepdaughter, "Don't I get a hug?" Eleanor let go of her mother and laughed. She said to her stepfather, "Of course, you do, Dad." Michael whispered to Ellie, as he hugged her, "I'm going to miss you, Ellie." Ellie whispered, hugging her stepfather, "I'm going to miss you too. Take care of Mum for me." Michael replied to Ellie, letting her go, "I will. Oh, I figured you'd need fresh clothes for camp and some of your accessories so your mother and I packed you a few things." Michael handed Ellie her other backpack from home along with her duffle bag which contained her shower supplies, clothes, hair supplies, and some of her accessories. Her backpack probably contained her other accessories that were easy to carry around. Ellie said to her mother and stepfather, "Thanks, you guys. *She hugged them again* I'm going to miss you so much." Michael and Leah embraced Ellie once more, just as tightly. Percy walked over to his girlfriend and said to Ellie, "Hey. You ready to go?" Ellie nodded and said to her mother and stepfather, "Well, I guess I better get going." Michael said to her, "Stay out of trouble, El." Ellie nodded again and walked towards the entrance of the camp. Leah said to Ellie, at the same time as Sally did to Percy, "Ellie? *Eleanor turned around to face her mother* This is where you belong."

Ellie (with her backpack and duffle bag) and Percy walked into the camp, only to be nearly killed by archers, by accident, once again. Grover said to the archers, saving his two friends, "Whoa! Watch it! Heroes passing through!" Percy and Ellie said, in relief, "Grover!!! You're alive!!!" Grover replied, just as Adriana ran over to them, "What? Did you think I died? Oh! See anything different?" Ellie smiled and said to Grover, "New goatee?" Percy said to Grover, "New hair and beard cut?" Grover rolled his eyes and said, at the same time as Adriana, "I've/He has new antlers!!" Percy said to Grover, surprise and happy for his best friend, "Whoa! I'm impressed! *He titled Grover's head to see Grover's antlers* Yeah! I'm really happy for you, dude." The four friends began to walk around the camp until they came across Chiron, who was coaching a few campers who were running, or attempting to run, across a ridge. Chiron turned to see Percy and Ellie approaching him with Grover and Adriana behind them. He said to the couple, "I see you've made it back to camp. You disobeyed my orders and returned the lightning bolt back to Zeus................... that's what makes you my favorite students. Now, you may be hotshots on Mt. Olympus but down here, you're still my students. Alright. Go suit up.......... training isn't going to happen by itself. Adriana and Annabeth will help you train."

Percy and Ellie walked towards the training grounds after changing into their training suits a few minutes later. They spotted Adriana and Annabeth training with a few other campers, slashing their swords against their opponents'. The couple shared a scared look then walked over to them. Annabeth kicked a camper in the stomach, knocking them to the ground instantly, and said, along with Adriana, "Alright................. who's next?" Ellie and Percy raised their hands in the air while their other hands held their swords. Ellie said to the two girls, with a smile, "We'd like to give it a shot." Annabeth nodded with a smile and went to shake the couple's hand but took their swords by surprise. Ellie and Percy yelled out in shock and surprise. Adriana said to them, with a smirk, "First rule of Battle Strategy: never let your opponent distract you." The couple took their swords from Annabeth who stood by Adriana, ready to train. The couple slashed their swords against Annabeth's and Adriana's.