Chapter 3: Capture the Flag

Grover, Ellie, and Percy (with armor on same with Ellie) followed Chiron in the middle of a clearing where they were soon met by Adriana who had armor on with a blue helmet. Adriana said to the three, startling them, "Hey, guys." Ellie let out a yelp in surprise, causing Percy to snicker. Ellie turned to Percy and smacked him in his stomach, causing the boy to groan in pain. Chiron said to the other campers, "Campers! Gather around! Come on, we don't have all day!!!" Campers soon began to file into the clearing, some wearing blue helmets and others red. Chiron continued, placing his hands on Ellie and Percy's shoulders, "This is Eleanor Roberts and Percy Jackson! They're going to need a team!" Adriana and some boy who looked like her said, in unison, "We'll take them!" Chiron nodded at the twins and said to the twins, "If any of you have two spare helmets, please pass them forward." The boy, who stood by Adriana, handed the two friends two helmets and said, "You're going to need those to protect your head. I'm Luke, by the way. Adria's told me all about you two." Adriana said to her two friends, "He's my twin brother." Luke whispered to them, grinning, "Older twin brother." Adriana glared at her brother, elbowing him in the side. Chiron said, taking over, "Alright! You know the drill for the game. Whoever captures the other team's flag first, wins the game. Now, remember, there will not absolutely be any killing of any sorts. Let the game begin!"

Ellie and Percy followed Luke and Adriana onto another clearing with their weapons of choice. Ellie, like always, stood by Percy's side. Someone yelled, causing everyone to charge at each other, "Go!!!!" Before they could run anywhere, Percy and Ellie were blocked by six people with red helmets. Ellie, with her back against Percy's, held her shield in one hand and the sword in another. They were about to become dead meat until they heard Luke and Adriana. The twin siblings said, "Hold on, you two!! We're coming!" When Luke and Adriana arrived for their friends' rescue, they were met by swords pointing at them. Adriana said to Luke, trying to be funny, "Whoa!! That's a sword! That's a sword! That's a sword!!!" Luke said to his sister, "Adriana, take Percy and Ellie to the flag! You know where it is! I got things that covered here!" Adriana nodded at her brother, knowing that he always had a plan. She ran with Ellie and Percy by her side and said to them, "Come on! Follow me! Luke and I know where the flag is." Percy and Ellie followed their friend but they were, once again, met with people in red helmets with swords. Adriana said to her two friends, "You two go on ahead! Just down that hill and it will be there! I'll take care of things here!"

Percy nodded at Adriana who tried her best on distracting the others. He then spotted Luke coming to help Adriana. Luke came up to his sister's side, placing his back against hers, and said to to her, "Hey, sis. Ready to crash this party?" Adriana replied, "Perfect timing as usual, Luke. I'm ready if you are. Percy and Ellie are already on their way to get the flag." Ellie whispered to Percy, already ahead of him, "Percy! Come on!" Percy nodded at his friend and followed her into another clearing near a riverbank. Ellie stopped to see a red flag in front of her and whispered, "Jackpot!" Before she could even reach the flag, a girl jumped from a tree, startling Ellie and Percy. They raised their swords ready to fight but the girl only chuckled. She said to them with a smirk, stalking towards them and spinning her sword in the air, "You think that was going to be easy, did you? Do you know who I am? I am the daughter of Athena, goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. And I always win." Percy retorted, "Yeah? Well, we always lose. Maybe it's fate." Ellie whispered to Percy, seeing that the girl was ready to fight, "Um, Percy?" Percy whispered back, "Yeah?" Ellie whispered, "I think you just made her mad." Before either of them could react, a sword came towards them slashing their hand causing them to yell out in pain. Ellie shouted, slashing her sword with Annabeth's sword, "Are you bloody insane?!"

Annabeth's sword blocked every slash from Eleanor but noticed Percy watching Eleanor with shock on his face. Before she knew it, Ellie slashed her sword against Annabeth's shoulder causing her to gasp in pain but then ran over to Percy to fight him as well. There was no chance that she was going to let them win, not on her watch. Percy dodged every slash but not good enough. One slash hit his hand then his cheek and shoulder. Ellie yelled, gasping at the pain Annabeth was putting on Percy, "Percy!!!!!" Percy yelled, as he fell in the water, "Ellie!!" Ellie gasped as Percy landed face flat into the water and placed her hand over her mouth. Everyone started to gather around the scene, even a few people started to fight with Ellie. She dodged every single one of them but not so much. Percy sat up from the water, groaning pain, and saw blood...... his blood....... in the water coming from his hand, face, and arms. He then turned his attention towards Ellie who fighting with all her might. He began to feel a funny feeling inside himself, he was beginning to fall in love with his best friend. Percy heard someone say in his head, "Percy, you must help your friend, she can't fight them off on her own. Place your hand in the water....... it will heal you. You must help Eleanor." Ellie fought the boys with all her might, shielding herself with her shield, but then out of nowhere....... a sword blocked the other sword, protecting her. She said, already knowing who it was, "Nice of you to show, Perc." Percy laughed as he kicked someone in the stomach and said to Ellie, "I couldn't let you have all the fun." Before they could even go to the flag, Annabeth blocked them by using her sword. Ellie slashed her sword against Annabeth's sword then let Percy take the shot. Percy slashed his sword against Annabeth's then grabbed it by the hilt. He said to her, as Ellie went to take the flag, "I think that flag belongs to us." Annabeth sighed in frustration and threw her sword to the ground. She had lost and she had never lost, she was the daughter of Athena for Hera's sake. Ellie raised the flag in victory with Percy by her side. They had won.