Chapter 4: Meeting Hades/ Going on a Quest

That night; Percy, Ellie, Adriana, and Grover walked into the camp and were greeted by everyone who congratulated Eleanor and Percy. Grover said to a few people who were in the way, "Make way, people! Make way! Percy Jackson and Eleanor Roberts, the heroes, are coming through!!!!" Ellie rolled her eyes as Grover 'made way' for them. She said to him, "Grover, we aren't heroes. We don't need to be 'made way' for." Adriana laughed at her best friend. She said to Ellie, "What? Does little Princess Ellie Roberts hate the spotlight?" Ellie replied, before storming off to her cabin leaving Percy behind, "No, I just don't like people praising me and Percy like we're clad heroes who hasn't returned in a decade. And I'm not a Princess!!!!!!" Percy sighed as he watched Ellie stormed off, shoving people away who tried to pat her on her shoulder or back. Before he could go after her, Annabeth stood in his way. She said to him, "You might want to let her cool off first. She's still taking it all in. I'm Annabeth...... Annabeth Chase..... by the way. You and your girlfriend did a good job out there." Percy replied, "Oh, she's not my girlfriend, just a friend. You may already know me." Annabeth chuckled and said, "So, how does it feel to be the son of Poseidon?" Percy said to her, honestly, "Weird. Ellie may not like but she's the daughter of Zeus. It's the royalty thing that's bugging her. I'll go talk to her. You did a great job out there earlier." Annabeth nodded at Percy before he ran off to the same direction that Ellie took only to find her sitting on the ground on the dock behind her cabin watching the sunset.

He walked towards his best friend who had an upset and angry expression on her face. He said to Ellie, "Hey, you okay?" Ellie sighed and replied to him, turning to look at Percy, "No, I'm not. I just don't want anybody calling me 'Princess'. Heck, I don't want to think, or know or be mentioned to, that I'm royalty. I don't even want to know that my father is royalty. I can't, no, I won't believe that my father is royalty." Percy looked at Ellie with an unsure look and said to her "I don't know what to tell you, Ellie. Maybe you'll just have to wait and see. If you are royalty, it doesn't change who you are. It might make you a better person." Ellie scoffed at her best friend and turned to look back at the sunset. Before she could make a snarky remark to Percy; Percy placed his hand on Ellie's chin, gently, and turned her to look at him. Once their eyes met, Percy brought Eleanor into a kiss. But, their kiss was interrupted by screaming and shouting coming from inside the camp. The two friends ran back to the camp to see a monster in fire calling for them. Chiron said to the two demi-gods, "Percy, Eleanor; stay behind me. I'll protect you from Hades." However, Percy and Ellie had other plans. They stood side by side bravely as they looked at the monster in front of them and it said, "Percy Jackson and Eleanor Roberts! Show yourself! Percy, I have your mother!" Percy shouted,"My mother's gone!" Hades, on the other hand, said to the boy, smugly, "No, she isn't. She's here with me in the underworld. Give me the lightning bolt and I'll set her free." Percy's mother appeared in a big cloud of fire and shouted to Percy, "Percy!" Percy shouted back, "Mom!" Before Sally could reply, she disappeared again. Hades said to the two friends, "Give me the lightning bolt!" Ellie snapped at Hades, her voice rising a bit, "We told you a million times! We don't have the bloody lightning bolt! Get that into your head for God's sake! How many times do we have to say the same bloody thing?!" Percy watched his friend with a scared look as she snapped at the god.

After she said that, Hades disappeared on a huge cloud of fire. Ellie growled beneath her breath and stomped towards her cabin to prepare herself for the quest. Percy began to follow his friend but was stopped by Chiron. Chiron said to him, "Where do you think you're going?" Percy replied to Chiron, "To get my mother back from Hades. Ellie is already ahead of me." Chiron sighed and said to Percy, "Alright but you must protect yourself and Eleanor. Her life and destiny as future Queen of Mt. Olympus is on the line." Percy nodded at the camp consular and ran towards the direction Ellie went. On the way, Adriana and Grover stopped him and asked what he was doing. Percy replied to them, "I'm going to get my mother back from Hades. And I'm looking for Eleanor." Adriana said to her friend, then turned to Grover, "You'll need help. Percy, you'll come with me. Grover, you'll go and get Ellie." Grover nodded at Adriana and ran to Ellie's cabin. Percy and Adriana walked towards the Hermes' cabin and saw Luke sitting in front a bunch of computers. Adriana placed her index finger on her lips, quietly telling Percy to be quiet. She sneaked up behind her brother and moved her fingers up Luke's back, up to his neck.

Then, she tickled Luke's neck. causing him to scream out loud in surprise. Adriana and Percy laughed at Luke's reaction, as he jumped from his chair. Ellie and Grover had just arrived at the cabin to see Luke standing in front of Adriana and Percy with a scowl on his face. Percy turned to see Ellie giggling at Luke and noticed that she had her backpack on her back. Luke turned around to see Ellie giggling at his expression and said to her, "Oh, Ellie. I hope you didn't see my sister's little stunt." Ellie replied, with a smile, "I did. And, actually, we're not here to joke around. We need your help." Luke said to his crush, "Really? Well, you're in luck. I'll be happy to help you, the future Queen of Mt. Olympus." Ellie rolled her eyes at the camp leader, it was obvious that he just made a hit on her. Adriana said to her brother, "Luke, we need your help on getting to the underworld so we can save Percy's mother." Luke snapped out of his trance and replied to his sister, "Of course." He walked into another room then came back a few minutes later with a box and bag in his hands. Ellie stood beside Percy who looked at her while she was watching Luke opening the box. She said to Luke, "Um, Luke? What's in the box?" Luke replied, "Well........ here's the map. It will direct you to the directions of the pearls. Once you have made it to the underworld and once you have Percy's mother, you place the pearls on the ground and think of one place you want to go then you're there." He handed Ellie the map and grabbed a pen. Luke said to the others, "You might want to take a step back." He clicked the pen and it turned into a shield. He gave it to Percy and said to him, "You might want to hold onto that. It will protect you. Since Ellie already has a shield, she's well protected." Adriana said to her brother, as she and her friends walked out of the cabin, "Thanks, bro. You've been a big help." Luke said to his sister, "Oh, Adriana? *Adriana turned to look at her brother* If you see Dad in the underworld, kick his ass for me." Adriana nodded at her brother and followed her friends who were already ahead of her.