Chapter 11: Ellie finds out the Truth

On Mt. Olympus, all the gods and goddesses stood around a clock as they argued with one another. Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, and Hermes stood by each other, with Zeus in the middle, in front of their thrones. Zeus' voice boomed, causing everyone to become quite, "Silence!!!!!!!" Zeus said to Poseidon and Hermes, "It's almost midnight. They're running out of time." Athena said to Zeus, "Let's be rational! War is not the answer!" The clock chimed midnight and Zeus said, "It's midnight." Just before he sat down; Ellie, Percy, and Adriana ran into the throne room (with Eleanor holding the lightning bolt). Ellie shouted, her British accent taking over, "Wait!!!!! Wait!!!!! Whoa!!!" The three friends looked around in awe and amazement. Zeus knelt down to the friends' height and held out his hand to his daughter. This was the first time in years since he had last seen Ellie. Zeus said to her and Percy, "Give me the bolt, lightning thieves." Ellie sighed and said to her father as he took the lightning bolt "We didn't steal the lightning bolt, sire." Zeus looked at his daughter then looked at her boyfriend and said to her, grabbing the gods' and goddesses' attention, "If you didn't steal the lightning bolt, then who did?" Percy replied, "Luke................ son of Hermes and Adriana's twin brother." Hermes looked up at the mention of his children's names, mostly his son's, in shock.

Ellie and Percy intertwined their hands as they watched the king of the gods who sat down in his throne. Zeus said to the friends, "Let there be peace." Ellie, Percy, and Adriana all sighed in relief. Ellie said to her father, "Um, Zeus? We have a friend who's stuck in the underworld. He's our protector and....." Zeus replied, "And you want me to set him free. *The three friends nodded* Very well." They sighed in relief once again. Adriana looked over to her father who stood by Poseidon and Athena. She gave him a small smile and said to him, with a small smile, "Hi, Dad." Hermes smiled back at his daughter and replied, "Adriana. I am so proud of you. You did a good job on completing your quest." Adriana gave her father a smile and noticed Poseidon and Zeus walking towards her two friends. She whispered to them, "I'll be outside." Zeus looked at his daughter and motioned her to follow him. The father-daughter couple stood on a balcony looking at the night sky, in silence for a few minutes. Zeus said, finally speaking up, "You know, you look so much like your mother." Ellie had her arms crossed, leaning against the balcony with her back on it. She scoffed............ that's what he said? That she looked like her mother? After all the years he missed out on her life? Not 'I missed you?' or 'I'm proud of you?' or even a 'Thank you?' Ellie replied, "Yeah............ so people tell me." Zeus said to Ellie, looking at her, "I know you hate me right now for leaving you and your mother alone for a long time but you must understand. I didn't have a choice. My kingdom was beginning to lose faith in me. They were beginning to not to believe in me as well as lose hope. I had to do what I thought what was best." Ellie asked, not looking at her father, "How old was I? When you left?" Zeus replied, feeling regret, "Only a few weeks old. Around four or six weeks."

Ellie rolled her eyes and began to walk away from her father and towards the door, ignoring her father's calling for her. She stopped when she felt her father's hand on her shoulder. Zeus said, "Ellie.........please listen to me." Eleanor said to her father, not looking at him, "Did you, and still, regret leaving me and Mum?" Zeus nodded, he did regret leaving his wife and daughter, who was a small baby at the time. He replied to her, "Every single day and night. But, you must understand. I did it for your own good as well as the other demigods. I still love you and your mother. I had to put the kingdom first." Ellie heard her name being called, causing her to turn around to see Percy standing in the doorway. She said to her father, "I better get going back to camp." Zeus cleared his throat and replied, then whispered, "Of course. No matter what happens......... I will always love you, Eleanor. I'll be there if you just want to talk." Ellie nodded, reluctantly, and looked at her father's hand, who held out to be shaken. Ellie clasped her hand with her father's and shaked it slowly. Percy leaned against the doorway as he watched his girlfriend with her father and said to Ellie, "Um, Ellie? We gotta get going." Ellie bid farewell to her father before running over to her boyfriend.