Chapter 6: Ellie and Percy's talk

That night, the group of four stayed the evening at a hotel. Percy sat at the bottom of the pool for a few minutes before going back up to the surface to see Ellie and Adriana sitting at the edge of the pool, talking. Ellie turned to see Percy swimming towards her and said to him, "Hey. You're getting better." Percy replied, with a chuckle then became serious, "Yeah. Can you and I talk for a few minutes?" Ellie nodded then turned to look at Adriana. Before Adriana leave, Percy noticed the wound on Adriana's wrist and said to her, "Adriana, your wrist! It's injured." Adriana held her wrist and said to Percy, kneeling in front of him, "Oh, there was a lady. She had a tight grip on me when Medusa had us cornered. The poor woman turned into stone before I could do anything." Percy gently took Adriana's wrist and said to her, placing her wrist into the water, "Watch this." Water came up to Percy's fingers and up to Adriana's bruised wrist, healing it instantly. Adriana whispered to Percy, "Cool." She stood up and said to the two, "Ok. I'll leave you two to talk." Adriana left the two friends and went to their hotel room. Ellie gave Percy a towel and said to him, "Ok. What do you want to talk about?" Percy replied, "I want to talk about what happened back there in Medusa's lair. Why did you freak out about your father when Medusa said that you had your father's temper?"

Ellie sighed and said to Percy, "Ever since I was little, I would ask my mom about my dad. She would always say that he was on a very long trip and she didn't know when he was coming back. When I got older, Mom married Michael and I would still ask about my dad. The answer changed. She said that he died in a fire when he was saving people's lives because he was a firefighter. I have always stayed with that answer until now. Everyone is saying that I'm supposed to be a princess but I don't want to."
Percy stood there in the water, speechless, and looked at Ellie, who had tears falling down her cheeks. He hoisted himself onto the ledge and sat beside Ellie, who began to sniffle. He wiped Ellie's tears off of her checks and placed his hand on her cheek. Ellie looked up at Percy as he began to close the space between them and she leaned towards him. Then, their lips collided with each other. They broke away from the kiss and Percy whispered to Ellie, "Ellie?" Eleanor whispered, her hand still on Percy's cheek, "Percy?" Percy whispered, "Will you be my girlfriend?" Ellie replied, causing Percy to bring her into another kiss, "Yes."