Chapter 24: On My Way To Borrow Your Girl Bc Stealing Is Wrong

"Rogue, I didn't know you could play ukulele," Netis said as we drove off in the truck. The jeep was a bit too small for our little group, so Aruna had kindly decided to let us go in the truck usually reserved for delivering her flowers. She had a small side business selling tropical flowers that only grew around our cliff, and usually had a hard time keeping people from trespassing. At the moment she'd recruited her delivery boy to drive us down to the city. Tonight there was going to be a huge festival all throughout the city. Apparently it was pretty similar to the giant festival they held in Rio de Janeiro, and was a big party that lasted two days. At midnight of each night they released floating lanterns into the sky.

    It was around 2:30, we'd unpacked our clothes in a rush, and despite the fact that the jet lag was kicking us repeatedly, we just had to see the sights today.

             "I do," Rogue said with a small smile, strumming a cute little tune.

"Dude, why don't you just play the guitar?" Blake interjected, leaning back and attempting to put an arm around Netis, which she head butted away.

    "Because I most definitely look like a living version of Prince Naveen when I play the ukulele," he said matter-of-factly. Silence, then murmurs of agreement.

     "Awww, you do!" Aruna said gleefully, flashing him a stunning smile. Chase grinned along with her, and the second she looked away he shot Rogue the universal "I'm watching you" sign. Giggling, I leaned into him. The girls had all changed into a sundress, swimsuits underneath. The guys were going shirtless, accept Rogue to my disappointment. He had a white v neck on over lime green swim shorts. He was too damn adorable.

"Alright, we're almost here!" Aruna's employee called through the little window. We were all riding in the pickup part of the truck, and when we finally hopped off the back, we looked like we'd fallen asleep on a jet. Before it had taken off.

     Reaching a hand up, Rogue helped me out, and a brief flash of green to right right showed me Aruna had just toppled out.

Well, nearly.

    Like some dude out of a freaking comic book, Chase immediately reached out his arms from where he was standing to catch her.

  "Are you okay???" he asked, looking like he'd swallowed a hedgehog.

 "Yeah, I'm fine!" Aruna replied, looking down. We were parked a bit away from the crowded city, filled with people obviously preparing for tonight’s festivities, which mean we were at the beginning of our little cliff. Aruna would have fallen off, I realized with a drop in my stomach.

     “Ouch. That would’ve sucked,” Aruna said softly, flinching a bit as she peered over his shoulder. Realizing he was still holding onto her as if his life depended on it, she flushed before wiggling down. “Thank you. You saved me from becoming cliff mush,” she joked lightly. Going on tiptoe, she hugged him tightly before kissing his cheek and letting go. From her super tight hug, I was pretty sure the boy’s waistline had a few inches taken off of it, but he didn’t seem bothered in the least. Shaking his head at his brother’s goofy expression, Blake wrapped an arm around his shoulder before walking him away from the edge.

“Come on, boy. Can’t have you swooning and falling off the edge of the cliff now,” he said wryly. Stiffening, Chase immediately pulled away, crossing his arms like a child.

      “I do not swoon. And if I were to pass out, it would be exactly that. Pass out. A… A manly swoon!” he pouted, scowling at Blake.

“What the fuck is a manly swoon? That sounds like a weird condom.”

“Forget that, what’s a swoon?” Chase pointed out.