Beginning

Star Trek fanfiction.

I have had trouble with my other fics, so I decided to go in another direction.... This is based on the new 2009 trek film... And a lot of dialogue is from there. I hope you enjoy this story!

But anyway....
If you have enough time on your hands as to still be reading this super long writer's note, you might as well check it out? Ja? Please?

Anyways, back to the point.

Enjoy....
------------------------
But WAIT, there's more!

This fanfiction has a strange format, it shows bits and pieces of the main character's time at the academy, and then continues to her travels.
------------------------

My red uniform stayed straight on my shoulders, as I walked purposefully to my next class. Starfleet accepted me as one of their youngest cadets, letting me enroll at 13, something unheard of.

I walked through the hallways, my stark white hair standing out against my XXS red uniform. A silver Starfleet insignia stood out on my left shoulder.
A small path cleared in the hallway as I moved forward, two human, and non-human walls on either side of me. A sigh almost escaped my lips, but I held it in, steeling my eyes and moving forward.

Yes, the perfect way to start my first day, I know.

I moved soundlessly, no sound came from any being on either side of me. All of them were older, every single one. But really, what was I expecting. Whoever allowed me into Starfleet obviously either had a bad sense of humor, or expected the most emotionally stable thirteen year old on this side of the universe.

I closed my eyes, looking back forward.
But I was in Starfleet. I had no where else to go, and I would stay here, if it killed me. Because anything.
Anything
Was better than where I had come from.

and it would take more than a few glares to break me.

Never underestimate a truly desperate person.

Because truly.

They are capable of anything.