Story prt. 7 The end

The bridge crew watched, mesmerized.

Each of them knew there was nothing they could do. All the most talented group of people in the cosmos could do was watch Katerina Kaisar's life bleed out of her wounds, surrounded by painful green darkness.

Her silver hair became weightless as the gravity generators collapsed. But she wouldn't close her eyes.

Finally, as something flashed red around her, she whispered a strained thank you

Lights of every array and color blasted through the ship, dark blue beams, and bright yellow net-rays. The ship was incinerated in a white blast, Kaisar at the heart of it.

Her screen went to static, gradually becoming black, before flickering off. The previously indestructible Romulan starship was dead.

It was as if all of the oxygen had been sucked out of the room, no one could breath, and nothing but a steady ringing could be heard in anyone's ears.

She was dead.

The great arrogant, genius, sadistic, dangerous, and amazing Katerina Kaisar was dead.

And all they had left was a 20th century song and her last words ringing through thier ears.

There was a resounding silence, the white of the explosion burning outwards, sending shock waves over the enterprise.

"Sulu...." Kirk's voice gave out an unfinished command. "On it, sir" came the quick reply.

The starship left the burning, exploded Narada hanging in space, the explosion slowly expanding outward, the light consuming everything in its path.

The ash that gathered on one side of the view screen was the colour of Kaisar's hair.

---------------------------------------