Chapter 1: The date

I brush my hair over and over, stroking it, feeling its softness. I hide a strand of hair behind my ear, and put my dark plastic glasses on, careful to put them under my hair, not on top. I straighten my maroon, grey and white sweater, leaving no wrinkles. I pull up my black leggings up to my belly button and put the sweater over it. I slip on my Uggs with bows on the back of them. I take a deep breath and slowly let it out as I examine my appearance in the mirror. I sigh, this will have to do.

On my way out the door, I grab my keys and purse that are laying on my kitchen counter. I shut the door behind me and lock it. I slip the key inside my purse as I walk down my small wooden porch steps. The wood underneath my feet creak as I step off the last one.

In the corner of my eye, I see a dark blue car running with it's bright red tail lights on and the front lights shining brighter than ever. I walk over to the car and Jaxon, my date, rushed over to me with a wide grin on his face, and opens the door for me like a gentlemen. I hop in as he closes the door behind me. I buckle up my seat belt as I wait for him to get in and drive. Once he does, we start a forever adventure.

We drive in complete silence. He's the one to interrupt the awkward silence with a familiar compliment, "You look beautiful." He quickly glances over with eyes that sparkle even in the darkest places. Those soft sapphire eyes, making butterflies form in my stomach.

I smile back at him, a real one, one that I haven't done in a long time. "Why thank you. You don't look half bad yourself," I flutter my eyelashes. We laugh in unison and end with smiles slapped on our faces.

We park in the parking spots on the side of the road. He shuts off the car and swiftly jogs over to my side and opens it for me, once again, like a gentlemen. He has his hand out, waiting for me to take it. Like a Lady, I take his hand and use it as balance as I wobble out of his car. We walk side by side till we get to the entrance of the movies. Once again, he opens for me and lets me in first, bowing in the process.

"Thank you." I flash a smile that he happily smiles back.

We walk up to the counter. I pull out money from my purse as Jaxon's grabs money from his back pocket. Jaxon orders first; he orders a medium drink and small popcorn. A lady with caramel skin that perfectly matches her curly, disastrous hair, hands Jaxon his drink and popcorn. She drifts her eyes towards Jaxon to me as she take my order, the exact same as Jaxon's. "Will that all be for today?" the lady says with a rich southern accent.

"Yes, ma'am." I respond with an unintentional southern accent and halfway hold in a snicker.

She just gives me a wicked grin with a small laugh. She hands me my order and winks at us, "Have a good day, ya'll." She gives us a small wave and continues with the remaining people standing in the line.

I fill my cup with Sprite and put a plastic lid and straw on. I stab the straw into the hole in the lid and take a small sip. Jaxon fills his cup with Dr. Pepper and does the same. We stomp down the ramp towards the entrance to the the theatre room. We enter the room and walk around a wall and take a quick turn. We walk up the stairs and decide to choose middle row with middle seats. Jaxon sits on the right side as I pick the left side. We pull down the arms to the chairs and set our drinks into the hole.

We make small talk as we wait for the movie to begin. Asking simple questions like: What's you're favorite color? What do you want to do with your life? Do you have any siblings? His favorite color is orange but likes the blend of orange, red and yellow. He wants to be an artist. "I love how all the colors compare and contrast each other. Especially how red, orange and yellow look amazing mixed and painted together". He has 2 sisters, one is 23 and her name is Luna, and the younger one is 14 and her name is Lily.

I respond back to the questions, "My favorite color is red, because it's bold and stands out. And in a way, that's sort of is like me." I shrug.

He nods and smiles," Bold and stands out... Hmmm I can see that," he hums as if he's thinking. He smirks at me," The beauty does really stands out."

"Wow... That was really cheesy. But thank you." I smiled genuinely and continued," I want to be a FBI agent, my dad was one, so it it kinda runs in the family. Plus, what can I say, I got some mean fighting skills. My dad has had me in karate since I was 4." I stopped, waiting to see what he thought.

"Dude, that sounds pretty cool. You know, you're going to have to show me sometime..."

"Yeah, I guess I will have to... sometime. But anyways, I am an only child."

"Are you like serious? That's pretty cool. I wish I was an only child," he says amused.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice. Peace and quiet is all we got at my dad's house."

"Hmm... sounds awesome. I wish I had peace and quiet, all I get is 2 annoying sisters who babble on who's the best sibling out of us," he shakes his head.

I laugh, "Ye-," the movie interrupts me and I turn my attention towards the huge screen. I sit up straight and focus on the movie.