Chapter 10: Knives

Jaxon opens the door to the basement for me as I walk down the long, creaky, steep stairs.

Supposedly, Jorge wants to know what I can do, fighting wise. He also wants me to help Jaxon with basic fighting so he can at least defend himself. He wants us to be able to fight back if Spider comes back, which I know they are. They wouldn't just let it slide they will be back, sooner or later.

Walking down the stairs I take a peek what supplies we have to work with. Looks like Jorge has a whole fighting and exercising room set up all downstairs. Boxing bag, wrestling mat, boxing gloves and helmet, and even more stuff that my eyes can't process. Then regular workout stuff like treadmills, exercise bikes, ellipticals, bench presses with weights, and even more. There is more things, but my mind can't wrap around how much this all must have cost.

The neighborhood is terrible and crappy, but the inside of his basement is like a mansion. The basement is a pretty big size maybe even bigger than the house itself. Everything updated to the latest model and at to the top technology.

I continue to walk down the creaky old stairs as they concave slightly when we step on them for a split second. We hit the last step and our feet sink ever so slightly into the soft carpet as we walk to Jorge who is sharpening a knife.

I then notice his collection of knives and guns. Knives as long as a sword or a machete or as small as a pocket knife. Guns ranging from as small as a pistol to as big as Light machine guns and bazookas. Illegal? Very. But his secret is kept with us.

I swiftly admire the rack filled with knives, and I itch to have one in my hands

In my class, I was an excellent knife thrower. Always was straight on with my aim and never ever missed a target. Let's just say when my class saw I had a knife in my hands, they would literally run away with fear and terror filled in their eyes. I mean nI would too if they saw what I can do.

Jaxon and I walk side by side over to Jorge who's sitting on a bench press. I look down at the knife he's sharpening. It's a beauty. It's a decent length and sharper than an eagle's eye. It's slick as Jorge's hair, and the material it's made out of reflects and shines with the most minimum of light. Somehow, I feel like I could swoon over this knife.

"A beaut ain't she?" He says, looking at the most beautiful object ever created with such adoration.

"In deed," I say, drooling, and hypnotized by the object in front of me while I nod.

"Wanna give her a test, see what she can do?" He says, eyeing me with amusement.

My face beams at his question, "Of course!"

I grab the knife out of his hands and walk over to a human outline target embedded into the wall. I get into my stance. My feet shoulder length apart and my right foot slightly ahead of my left foot since I am right handed. I take a deep breath and untense my body, slowly relax. I straighten up my back so I am standing tall. I brush off my silk, dark auburn hair off my shoulders and focus my eyes on my target. I only have eyes for the head. I raise the knife up towards the side of my elbow.

In one swift movement, I hold it up towards my right shoulder and fling the knife at the target as I release my breath. The knife flies in circles as it inches towards the target. Under a second, the knife hits the target with a loud thud. It's hits exactly where I aimed for, exactly in the middle of the head.

I jog up to the scene and see that the knife went all the way in, leaving the handle out. Jorge and Jaxon jog over to me with proud faces. Actually only Jorge, Jaon looks like he's seen a ghost.

Damn that was hot, I think this is the most I blushed in a day, that my skin tone probably always looks red, or at least my face anyways.

"Nicely done Athena, couldn't have done it better myself," He grins at me with suck pride and... loyalty.

"Yeah that was amazing, Athena!" He beams at me.

I grin with dignity and with honor, "Thank you Jorge and Jaxon, really mean a lot."

They smile while Jorge asks timidly, "Now let's see what else you can do."

"Promise me you won't get scared," I laugh evilly

"Never," Jaxon laughs nervously.

Just wait boys, prepare to shit your pants. 

***

All along the wall there's target's filled with knives of different sizes, filled in the head area and bullet holes of different guns, of course they had a silencer, in the chest and the head.

I back away, admiring my art work. Knives and bullet holes, what a beautiful masterpiece.

I catch a glimpse of Jaxon wide eyed running towards what I believe is the bathroom down here. I told him I would have him shit his pants, poor guy, should've listened to me.

Jorge looks at me at how I look at knives, with love and adoration. The last person who loved me was my dad and now he's head. Completely out of nowhere, I hug him.

"Thank you Jorge."

Shocked, he slowly hugs me back, "For what?" He asks.

"For treating me like I'm your daughter," My voice breaking at the end

"Oh Athena, I have always looked at you like my daughter and I always will," He strokes my hair as a few tears escape from my hold. We hug each other until Jaxon come back which was only a minute or two.

He mumbles to himself, "False alarm."

We break away and burst out laughing.

"I knew you would shit your pants," I laugh.

"I didn't th- wait what?"

"Nothing..." I said, stretching out the words.

He breathes out deeply, "Man your such a pain."

I smirk, "My specialty."

***

Hey guys sorry for the late update I finally had time to myself to write and upload! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter its not my best but I still hope u like it! Vote? Comment? Share? Follow? Add this to your reading list? Just uhh suggestions you ahh might want to do? ^-^ Love ya guys hope u have a fantastic day! :D

-Joanna <3