Chapter 5: The story

" I have this old friend who will be willing to help us. He lives in a small white house in Chicago," He says. He tells me the address. A little pro about having mind powers is that I have an excellent memory, which is coming quite handy right now.

I repeat the street, Willow Ave and the address number, 3042, to my dad. 

My dad nods in approval and then looks at me in the eye questioningly, "Did you tell him... about you know...?" he glances at his hands.

"Yeah I did, he knows."

"Okay, my friend he also has powers. He can control time. He can freeze and stop time. But reversing and freezing time is very dangerous, if used too much, it messes with the timeline." he gulps,"It can freeze time,"he pauses," Forever."

My eyes widen in an instant. So much power, but can never be used. "Woah..." my mouth gapes open," Has he ever used it?" I ask. Reasonable question, right?

My dad's eyes darken and his face goes grim. "Yes he has. But only once," he takes a deep breath," To go back and save your life." He looks at with concerned eyes.

Going back to save someone's life, really dents the timeline. And he did it to save my life. Dedication swells at my heart as I look at Jaxon, silent as a fox. I owe my life to this man, who saved my life. "How did I die?" I barely choke out as I swallow the tears that threaten to spill.

"14 years ago, the Spider, they were at our house. With guns in their hands. Jorge, my friend, he was there babysitting you because both of us were at work." He takes a deep breath. "Your mom."

The thought of my mom pains me. I just wish was here with me. To be able to see me go to school my first day, to comfort me when I didn't leave Dad's side. To see me at my concerts when I was nervous and need reassurance. To see me go to prom with my date and then to help me cope from the pain when we broke up. To see me graduate high school with honors. To help me pick out colleges, when so many gave me scholarships. Just to see me grow up to be the 20 year old woman I am now. I miss you mom, so much it's unbearable. My eyes start to water, dying to be released. I wipe them away with my shaky hands, I have to be strong. I look up to meet my dad's glassy eyes, he must be in pain too.

"She just came home from work before the Spider came. She took care of as Jorge was just about to leave when they came." My dad wipes a stray tear. "They didn't see them coming. The Spider broke down our door, they shot and killed you and your mom, but Jorge escaped somehow. He reminded time and told your mom that they where coming. Just then they came in the front door and your mom's instincts took over. She ran in front of you to save you." His voice is shaky at this point, tears swelling at the corner of both of our eyes. "She protected, guarded you from those sick bastards. She died in the process shot in the back." He puts his hands on his back where my mom was shot." Jorge killed then men in a matter of minutes. I owe my life to this man, saved the only life that makes me keep going." he smiles, sadly.

I haven't even noticed I have been crying. Tears soak my face as I lunge my arms around my dad. I squeeze him one more time before I break away from his embrace. His shirt is soaked from the tears that I had shed. 

Jaxon speaks up, finding his voice, "I am so sorry Athena. I-I didn't know." Tears build up in his eyes but never fall. He grabs my hand and squeezes it, reassuringly. I squeeze back in response, a small smile creeping it's way towards my lips as tears still happen to keep falling.  

"Thank you, Jaxon. For staying with me," I croak. At that moment my dad's not there. I smile into his gorgeous sapphire eyes of his. He's been there and has not left yet, that's all I could ask for, somebody to be by my side when the worse happens. My fingers tingle with the touch of Jaxon's hand around mine and my stomach produces a feeling that I haven't felt for a long time. His dimple on his right cheeks, stands out more that he's grinning at me like a complete idiot. It's adorable and I love it.

Suddenly my dad clears his throat and erupts the awkward silence. Heat rises up to both of our cheeks, blushing. Then what I feared my whole life welcomes me.

***

Hey guys, I hope you liked the chapter! Show it by voting and commenting! Follow me, don't be shy! I'm a pretty cool potato, trust me ;) Thank you for reading! Love ya, have an awesome day! :D