Chapter 3: Dad's house

My dad has the power of telekinesis, he can control anything with his mind. I have always wanted that power but was stuck with controlling the mind. I can erase their memories-as powerful as I want- control them,-do anything I want them to do and read people's mind. I try not to use it too often, but it's interesting what goes on in their brain.

Just to clear things up I wanted to tell you our story of how we got our powers. For me I just inherited the mind powers from my dad but just a different layout. My dad he was originally from a different planet, the planet was called Athelentia. He came to Earth because he was tired of the government that was running there planet. He moved here to start a new life, a new life where he could fall asleep with both eyes closed and could relaxed without thinking he was going to get killed. He found a women that he fell in love with and that was my mom. She didn't know that my dad have powers until she was pregnant with me. My dad told her the whole story. She was shocked, yes, but she didn't leave him, she stayed because she loved him. I still remember my dad saying this to me when I was a kid. My mom told him that 'I love you Arlen, I would never leave you. We have been together for 4 years and I am not going to leave the man of my life because you are an 'alien'. You are no 'alien', you're the father of this baby and I need you in my life to take care of her'. I still can't help loving her even more for not leaving my dad. And now you know how I got my name, Athena, from my dad's planet. My grandma, who I obviously don't know, always wanted to have a girl named Athena but had my dad instead since in Athelentia you can only have one child otherwise you and you're family where killed. Now you know why my dad had left his planet. So my dad named me Athena for the honor of my grandma who died right before my dad left.

I lean against my elbow that's propped up against the window and stare outside the window, getting lost in my thoughts. Why were the Spider there? Where they looking for me? Why do they want me? I keep looking behind us, paranoid that the guys are following us.

My dad lives the country, far away from the city, for reason like these. I take my hundredth deep breath and look at the window to be welcome with sunshine and beauty. I faintly smell flowers and their sweet soft smell. I see the trees swaying along with the wind. But it never last long when the real county travels through the air. Farm animals and the field stink up the car. I always loved living outside of town with my dad but was glad when I moved to get away from the horrid smell. With my nose all scrunched up, I point to the white house with a green roofing on top. My old house.

We roll into the driveway, the gravel crunching under the weight of the car. The smell fainted a little but is still smellable.

This time Jaxon doesn't come around and open the door. Sorrow and dread fills me as I get out from the door myself.

The rocks shuffle under me as I walk by Jaxon. I walk ahead to open the door for Jaxon. I grab the golden smooth knob and twist, opening it wide for Jaxon.

"I'm the one suppose to be doing that," he chuckles as we walks inside.

I laugh as I make my way in. At least we are still talking. I smile as I lead Jaxon to the living room that's filled with pictures of me as a kid. Paintings my mom picked when she was alive. Fake flowers that are still placed on a coffee table from her funeral. And a heartbreaking family photo angled on a wooden stand by the leather couch. My dad was happy, smiled. My mom was still there, alive. I had 2 parents, now I only have 1.

I decide to sit next to the photo and remember the memories that I long to have again. I wipe away the stray tear that happened to fall when I didn't notice. Soon Jaxon sits next to me and looks at me for the explanation.

Where do I start?

***

Here's the next chapter I promised. I hoped you liked it! Don't forget to comment and vote! ;) Love ya guys, and have a nice day! :D