Chapter Eleven

"Quickly! Run over there into the woods, and don't stop running until you get out." Sans said urgently, nudging Papyrus in the direction of the woods.

"I won't leave you!" Papyrus objected, only for Toriel to grab onto his shoulder.

"Papyrus, we need to go." She urged as men started to flock towards the clearing.

"But-"

"Go papyrus." Sans repeated.

Papyrus hung his head and nodded, racing off into the forest, followed closely by Toriel, leaving Sans alone with the men.

But...

They didn't shoot?

All they did was surround him really, their guns aimed at his head, but they didn't pull the trigger. Confused, he decided to not look a gift horse in the mouth. He gathered his magic, summoning an assault of bones around him, which he promptly flung at the men... only for them to fizzle out halfway there.

"What. The. Heck." He muttered under his breath, firing a blaster, only to have it fizzle out as well.

Behind him, someone emerged from the crowd, clapping slowly.
"Well done. You made it this far without us noticing... and you helped them escape. This is much farther than I anticipated." They said maliciously.

Sans whipped around to face the figure, attempting to hit them with an attack, only for it to fizzle away again.

"Ah ah ah. Nice try little birdy, but that won't work here. Magic inhibitors and the likes." They said, chuckling.

"Who are you?" Sans asked, glaring at the figure.

"I think you know... After all I've been watching you for some time. Ever since it became obvious just what you are. You'd think you'd be much harder to find after 2 long years of avoiding us, yet you... you came to us." They mused.

"You're sick." Sans snapped.

"No... not sick. I'm merely a visionary. I have seen what your kind can do. A few monsters alone could very easily take down a small town. The other humans are blind to what the real dangers are with you pests. So what better way to rid our society of your disgusting presence then use that power against them? I tried experimenting with normal monsters, but they... well they turned out to be a waste of my time. All they did when they died was crumble into useless particles of dust." They said, scoffing.

"One of them showed promise, it used to be a boss monster, but when I cut it open, it just fell into a useless pile of bloody petals. It left nothing else behind. It was a pity though. That one was hard to get a hold of."

"The flower... Why are you telling me these things?" Sans snapped, glaring daggers at the man.

"Hmmm... I guess you might be wondering that. It is very cliche is it not? For a villain to explain their plan to the protagonist right before they escape. And then eventually the villain telling them their plan is their downfall?"

"Then why tell me?"

"Well..." He said, approaching Sans. "I doubt that you'll survive for much longer."

The man drew a weapon and placed it on the side of Sans's head. He couldn't move. It wasn't fear, but something else. Something more malign. Almost like someone else was in control of his body.

"I'll see you in hell." Sans said, before the man pulled the trigger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Papyrus and Toriel raced out of the woods into the nearly deserted subdivision. It was nearly 1 A.M. so it was understandable.