January 8th, 2018

The next morning I laid awake in bed thinking about the night before. I didn't think I would ever get that kind of love or kindness from a person.
I roll over to look at my phone and at first I don't recognize the number attached to my most recent number but I then realized it was the one Thatcher gave me last night.
"Hey, it's Thatcher, I hope your morning has been awesome but I have a surprise that's going to make your afternoon awesome."
I chuckled to myself like I did last night.
I responded,
"That sounds more than amazing. See you at 2, not 3:30."
I got up and went to fix my hair, it was short and just barely fit into two Dutch braids. After I went through the struggle to make those braids I walked to my closet.
I grabbed a green shirt that flowed really well and a pair of dark jeans. I slipped on some black boots, Doc Martins. After such things are taken care of I move to makeup, then I move out the door.
The walk to New Avenue park was a block away from my house, I got there at 1:55.
Thatcher got there at 1:59.
"I'm not late!" He called out.
"So you aren't!"
I look over and I see what's in his hand. It's a picnic basket.
"Juniper Montreal I bring you your surprise!" He held out the picnic basket.
I smiled.
He put out his arm for me to grab.
"Shall we?"
I grabbed it.
"We shall."