The Invisible Universe

"Evan?" I mouthed his name so that I don't wake Dad and Levi.

He did not speak anything, just stood there with a smile on his face like it was his mission to wake me up. He asked if he could come up, not with words but with his hands.

"You'll wake Dad up." I tried to keep my voice as low as possible but only for him to listen. The next second I realised, he ran towards my window and climbed up like he had to do no extra effort.

He contracted his shoulders a little and mosey in through the window that I thought he would never be able to come in by.

"Hey!" He was wearing a dark blue hoodie with his head covered and a track pant. He was sweating and breathing heavily, was he on a run?

"You look beautiful." He pushed the hoodie back from his head letting his heavenly lustrous hair visible.

"Yes Evan, In the middle of the night I'm sure I'm looking like Taylor swift." I said, following an eye roll.

"Now that you've said that" He pushed past me to see what my room looked like. I didn't have a dream that he was coming, but luckily my room was still presentable.

"Oh god." He was still looking at my room, I too turned around to look at what he found so 'god reminding'. "This room feels so good." He sat down on my bed with his eyes fixed on the bookshelf. I just stood there with my arms crossed.

"Evan what are you doing here?"

"You sound angry." His gaze shifted to my face which carried a frown. He can't just call me when he was bored and needed entertainment and then leave me hanging for good three days, no matter how rich or sexy or handsome he is.

"Yes I am angry because I am not another chick to entertain you. Whose house you can barge in anytime and then not even call her for days." The words came out as knives, I was not even that close to him to be angry or to be jealous thinking that he probably is with someone else in a fancy party as a date. "You know when you said that you want to know me, I thought you really meant it. But then you don't even text."

I sat down at the other end of my bed with my back facing him. I could hear him inhaling deeply and then exhaling. For a moment none of us speak a word, but he was the one to break the silence. He traveled to my end of the bed and sat down beside me.

"You're right. I should have called and explained it to you rather than avoiding you." I looked at the man who was sitting there beside me at the middle of the night. But he wasn't looking at me, he was looking straight ahead but at nothing in particular.
"Actually, I have been really busy these days. My brother Phil is not here too so the business is all on me now, and my manager, he won't stop bothering me and reminding me of how much work I have to do." He was looking at me.

"I'm sorry." This was the most genuine apology I've ever heard. Like he really meant it, like all the other things he said. Like I really looked beautiful in my sweatshirt and shorts in the middle of the night when I thought I was a mess.

"You know what." I tried to give out a little smile. "I should be sorry, I know you have work and you..have a lot going on everyday. I overreacted and I didn't meant what I said about you. Or thought, maybe." I looked down at my hands in my lap.

"I only had my dog to be happy with. He is the only thing I look forward to when I drive home"

"Wait! You have a dog?" I jerked. I love animals since I was 5 but mom would never let us have any pets. After she left, I brought a pup home but Dad to refused to have it as we were not in a condition of taking care of another family member.