Scarlet River

Last night was AWESOME. I helped a daughter visit her still alive mother in her dream. It was beautiful! Nothing can come close to the face a mother makes when they see their dead child in their dream.

***************************************************************

I sat at the table, a mug of Moroccan mint green tea in hand.(SOOOOOOO FREAKIN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:D). the hot liquid traveled down my esophagus. My tongue relished the sweet taste of the mint and honey. My breath felt fresh and clean, no need for breath mints. I lapped up every last drop from the mug. I placed the empty mug in the sink, and walked to the bathroom. I got my hairbrush from the cabinet, and stepped in front of the mirror.

I stared at the mirror, hairbrush in hand. The wondrous taste of the tea was still in my mouth. My hair was an absolute mess. Wisps here and there, every which way.

I looked at the hairbrush..........wait.................WHY am I doing THIS?! I HAVE MAGIC! WHO NEEDS A HAIRBRUSH!? I chuckled at the realization. I guess the tea wasn't strong enough to clear my head.

I closed my eyes, and pictured what I desired. Long, lively, wavy, chestnut hair, free of tangles. Bright and shiny.

Within seconds, my hair was FLAWLESS. (*I'm jealous of the character I created*). Perfect, flowing, wavy, chestnut wisps hung down on my shoulders. I did a flawless hair flip, just for the fun of it. FLAWLESS.

I changed my pajamas into a long, white and blue floral lace flare sleeves dress, with lace flare jeans and blue and silver Vans. I tied the laces in bow.

I drove to Scarlet River.(there were people there, so it would probably be a bad idea to teleport) The government had been diligently helping me on this project. I couldn't let it fail, I only had one chance. I had to find more people. I couldn't be an only Shadow Reaper.

Scarlet River will host several hundred qualifying 8th grade students. These students will grow up in Scarlet River. A student who leaves, or is expelled will clear room for someone on the already long waiting list. However, the qualifier who replaces him/her must be the same grade as the students at Scarlet River. When we graduate, it will be Scarlet River college. Once it becomes Scarlet River college, more people will be accepted. Anyone who is old enough to be in college and fits the requirement will be accepted. But that's a LOONG TIME from now. It's not Scarlet River middle-high school. Just.......Scarlet River.

It's not a school at all. At Scarlet River, students can choose what classes they want to take. There are classrooms, each one subject. There's biology, computer & coding, chemistry, history, art, music, cooking, poetry, writing, medical, animal medicine, and algebra. Each class has its own room. Teaching is more interactive. Outside, there is a basketball court, soccer field, track, pool, volleyball field, football field, and baseball field. There is also fitness & gymnastics indoor room.

The idea of Scarlet River is that students who specialize in a specific subject can excel further in this subject. A student who struggles in a particular subject can practice more on it. A student who is good at all of them can decide what they want to excel in. this way, they can work on the skill they will need the most for their future, without other classes they already excel at to weigh them down. They can do this, while still occasionally taking other classes so they don't lose the skill completely.

Aside of classrooms and labs, there are also break rooms. There's a library, "phoenix" room (I'll explain this room in further detail), peace room, chapel, dorms, game room, gym, and café. There is also a multi-usage outdoor field with a playground, swings, and pool. Situated off the outskirts of the school is woodland the students are allowed to venture in.

Scarlet River is 3 floors, with 4 sets of staircases and 2 sets of escalators that stretch through all 3 floors. There are also 5 elevators. The dorms are separate from the school itself.

Every student has his/her own locker, which they can paint and decorate as they please. These lockers are double the size of typical school lockers.

The locker/changing room has stalls with lockable doors and showers. The girls have a makeup area with mirrors, perfumes, and all sorts of makeup.

Every student has access to the dorms. Each dorm room has a small kitchen. Bigger dorms fit more people.

Rooms are open from Scarlet River opens, until it closes. There is no bell. A student can be anywhere at any time as they please. The school opens at 8AM, and ends at 8PM, 7 days a week, every week. it is open, even during Summer. The schools setup gives them leverage to do this. Students can leave the dorms to visit home as they please, and parents can visit their children at the dorm whenever they please. Students are allowed to miss days if they are sick, traveling, spending time with family, want to get together with friends, or simply need a break..

For someone to attend Scarlet River, they must have a CLEAN discipline record. There guardian must also sign a form, which gives them permission to live in the dorm, and use all the facilities.

They must also take a basic free response maturity test. Immature children will simply not be accepted.

Any student who misbehaves at Scarlet River will be sent to the office. They may be told to clean the bathroom, or expelled. In order for discipline to be applied on the student, there must be evidence. There is a camera in every classroom.

Minor offenses, such as talking in class or an accidental rude remark will be pardoned. Medium offenses may lead to cleaning the bathrooms, or organizing books in the library. If offenses continue or escalate, or are simply intolerable, the student will be expelled. Destruction of nature, disrespect towards nature, harming of a living being (even an insect), will lead to automatic expulsion.

Teachers are paid double then in a normal school, and must prove themselves the best of the best. Teachers are not allowed to give homework. Teachers will be teaching smaller classes, and will be able to interact more with students. Teachers won't need a break, because there will be a point where there class is empty some time. If the class is in high demand, there are several neutral classrooms. Another teacher will be hired for the subject. The neutral classrooms will be transformed to fit the subject, and the teacher will take up the classroom. Teachers who don't live close to Scarlet River are provided housing.

Scarlet River was the PERFECT place for finding more people who could be shadow reapers. The government has given me permission to setup the Phoenix room.

Phoenix room is connected to the woods and my house from an underground tunnel. Some of my animals will be moved to this room. It will be connected to the library, but not always open. Why? Well; that's how this room is special.

From the look of a normal person, it's a room full of animals. However, it's not. There's a well-conceived hatch that will lead to a series of underground chambers, tunnels, and a living quarters. This is where I and my shadow reapers will live. Of course, we will still attend Scarlet River, and befriend other students and what not.

The layout of the school will help me find people who are capable of being shadow reapers. I can find people with different skills, but a demeanor that being a shadow reaper requires. People will find there click, there group. Some will find there soul mate. Scarlet River gives us the freedom to form a community, a society.

*****************************************************************

I went to the Phoenix room. I used magic to move the animals with minimal stress. I moved furniture into the chambers, and got access to the schools database. Access the government had given me. I would be able to access school records, and everything I could possibly need on someone's background. The information was GOLD. This was stuff id have to rip through someone's head to find. Now, it was at my fingertips. I drove home, filled with excitement. Tomorrow, I would come to Scarlet River by bus, as a student. Finally, I'd have FRIENDS!!!

I'm SOOOOOOO JELLY!!! Anyway, I hope you're as excited as I am!!! please answer my question in the comments, if you would like to be in the book.