Chapter 3

You got this, just be yourself Signe told herself as she picked up her notebook and pencil case and put them in her backpack where her books needed for school were. That morning Signe and Shawn had to wake up earlier since she had to go home take a quick shower and then dress something. She kept the sweatshirt Shawn gave her last night, placing it on top of her bed for her to dress again later when she was going to sleep. Shawn didn't speak much that morning, he just hummed as an answer and shook his head depending on what she was telling him. After a while, Signe had given up on trying to make him talk and went quiet, diving on a wave of worry that could sweep her off her feet. Eventually, they separated both going on their own way to their classes. 

"Stop being so anxious. That makes me anxious as well."Maddie complained as soon as Signe left her class and met her at the door. That made Signe laugh, a very short laugh since her anxiety seemed to grow at every second to the point where she felt like she couldn't breathe.

"What if he says no?"

"He won't know what's losing." The blonde winked. The girls began walking towards their lockers since Maddie wanted to meet up with Brianna and there was also a bigger probability of Signe spotting Jeremy.

"Hey girls!" Brianna greeted from afar with a huge grin on her face. Her brown hair was tied up in a loose and quite messy ponytail that looked very pretty on her, her blue eyes shined transmitting the happiness she was feeling, probably from seeing her girlfriend.

"Hey!" Maddie shouted pulling her girlfriend for a hug. She wasn't ready to assume her relationship with Brianna just yet and considering Brianna didn't mind they had to hide their relationship for a while until Maddie was ready to come out. "Signe, Jeremy is there. Go get him, girl!"

The ginger searched for him in the middle of the crowd of students until she saw him, once again looking at her. She repressed a smile by biting her lip and began walking in his direction never taking her eyes off him. Signe felt her heart skip a beat and her anxiety to kick in so badly she was even afraid to forget about how to talk, her hands were sweating and she didn't even notice she was holding her breath. Don't mess this up. Please, Signe don't mess this up she ordered herself as she tried to regain some control over herself.

"Hello there Signe." Jeremy greeted with a wink that took her breath away. Wait, he knew her name?

"Y-you know my n-name?" The girl stuttered. Signe felt pathetic for stuttering and looking like an idiot in front of him. However, how was she supposed to know how to act around boys when she never had a boyfriend? This was all new for her. Shawn was pretty much the exception, the only boy she knew how to act around, she just had to be herself because he loved her that way.

"I know every pretty girl name." He chuckled as he witnessed Signe's cheeks getting redder by the minute, she opened her mouth to answer, but she had absolutely no idea of what to say. "Well, Signe Wilson, I believe you came here with a reason."

"Yeah, yeah you are right. I came here because..." The ginger began talking as she tried to clear her mind and get the right words. Deciding that it was best for her to just go straight to the point instead of making a fool of herself, she took a deep breath and spoke again, this time with determination. "I wanted to know if you wanted to go out someday."

"Sure thing cutie pie." Signe felt so happy when she heard those words, she could almost jump in complete happiness if she didn't look like a crazy girl by doing it. They switched numbers, Jeremy promising to text her soon telling her where they were going to meet and at what time. Signe went back to where Maddie and Brianna were watching her which meant they probably had seen her getting all flustered and awkward.

As soon as the ginger joined them, they began commentating about Jeremy and asking Signe how it went and how she felt before the bell rang and they had to go to another class. This was the class she shared with Shawn which was English and unlike all the other times, Signe wasn't excited to see her best friend. After that morning, all she wanted was to distance. If he didn't want to talk with her, why would she be with him? She began walking towards the classroom, knocking softly on the door before apologizing for getting late and sitting down next to her friend.