Chapter 29

Quick A/N: I feel like this chapter might be triggering for some of you, read at your own discretion! You have been warned!

It was Friday that day and Blake's words from the previous day were still crossing her mind frequently. Signe was determined to talk with Shawn, apologize for her being naive and foolish and perhaps ask for help, she still wasn't sure about the last part. When she got to the school, she didn't even have the chance of crossing the gates and go inside to find her friend due to Jeremy and his crew.  The ginger swallowed hard as her hands began trembling, her breaths became shorter and although her fear told her to turn around and go home she tried to be strong and smiled at them.

"Morning baby girl!" Jeremy greeted smirking at the girl. He signaled something to his friends to which they responded with a very meaningful glance. Too meaningful to the ginger's likening

"Good morning!" Signe greeted, a bit relieved she could speak with a happy tone despite all she wanted to do was sink into her bed.

"You seem happier today." He commented as he put his arm around Signe's shoulders and pushed her against his chest. 

"Y-yeah, I had a good night." The ginger tried to come up with something, an excuse, although there shouldn't be necessary any excuse as to why someone is happy. 

"I'm glad. I hate to see you sad." He replied after kissing her forehead. She tried to repress a shiver while she thought 'You are the one that makes me sad.' "How about we skip school today and do something else?"

"Like what?" Signe didn't even dare bringing herself to tell him she didn't want to miss school. Her mother would get extremely mad at her like she did every time Jeremy forced her to go with him.

"It's a surprise." The chestnut haired boy answered with a wink. There was a time when Signe liked surprises, now she despised them. The idea of not knowing what a surprise would lead her into being scared.

"I-I d-dunno."

"C'mon, don't be a buzzkill Signe!" Jeremy whined as he let go of shoulders to hold her hand, pushing her towards his way. She had no choice but to departure with him instead of going to school and meet up with Shawn, Maddie, and Blake. They would probably notice she was missing and put two and two together and who knows, worry about her.

"Jeremy are you sure about this?" Signe inquired in a low voice. If she believed in God she would have begun praying, begging for God to protect from such a monster, yet she didn't, nor did her mother and so she grew up without any religion's influence.

"Will you trust me for once?" He asked with annoyance. Jeremy peeked over his shoulder to look at the ginger. She wasn't looking at him, instead her head was low, the wind blowing her hair away from her doll face - like he used to call her - her eyes weren't visible from his point of view, so he couldn't see how many shades of dark green her eyes had now with all the unhappiness she held inside herself. "I find your lack of trust in your own boyfriend offending."

"Sorry." She said as she shifted uncomfortably behind him. He stopped in his tracks to fast for Signe to react making her bump against him. He let go of her hand and cupped her face between with his hands, his thumbs caressing her cheeks.

"You need to stop apologizing for everything. It gets annoying after a while." Jeremy told her. He wasn't angry like she expected him too and although he had said it softly he wasn't able to hide the annoyance he felt.