Chapter 35

| Shawn's POV |

He stopped calling for the ginger as soon as she crossed the door knowing she wouldn't turn around. She was once again choosing the wrong option and again he wasn't able to change it. Why was she so stubborn? Signe had always been that way, once she put something in her head she had to go the end and there was no stopping. It had both positive and negative effects, depending on what she had in mind, but this time Shawn was absolutely sure the negative consequence would be bigger than the positive. If only he could leave the hospital, he would have gone with her.

He cleaned the tears which were still falling on his cheeks, trying to remain calm and positive that his lovely ginger would be able to break-up with the man who has been tearing her apart.

All of a sudden, another knock sounded on the door, his heart raced at the thought of Signe turning around and coming back, yet once the door was open, that hope died. She was gone and now she was alone and defenseless. Blake walked through that door, closing it slowly behind him as he smiled apologetically and walked towards his bed. Shawn felt anger boil inside his veins again, his hands closed into fists, his bruised skin pleading to not be that way.

"Shawn, I can explain." The blond spoke as he sat on the chair Signe was sitting previously.

"I'm sure you can, but I don't wanna hear it." The brown-haired boy responded with disdain. He glared at him, his body tensing up, the monitor beside him catching his heart beating faster, the bips becoming even more annoying than they already were. Blake smiled sadly upon seeing the effect of his presence there.

"I'm pretty sure you'd like to hear it." Blake retorted with a sigh as he leaned against the back of the chair.

"Oh yeah? And that's why?" Shawn argued clenching his jaw. He glared at the boy he used to think was his friend until he showed up that night with other intentions. Never, ever would Shawn do something similar to what Blake did which was backstabbing a friend. He had learned the lesson, he would be careful with the people he trusts.

"Because I got you proof we need to make the police make justice." Blake confessed as he crossed his arms over his chest. His blue eyes emitted sadness mixed with hope. Hope was something that Shawn needed to believe everything would be alright with Signe and who knew perhaps leading them to step forward to a relationship.

The brown-haired boy opened his mouth in surprise, completely caught unexpectedly. He tried to speak, however, he didn't know what to say. Had Blake only joined the enemy to help him out? It made more sense now, why would he join Jeremy if he hated him as much as Shawn did? Still, he wasn't absolutely sure whether that was true.

"I told you!" Blake exclaimed with a smirk before he regained seriousness."Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything, but that was part of the act. I got Jeremy caught on tape, we have evidence. This time he won't get away."

"And what makes you think the police would do anything?" Shawn questioned as he raised an eyebrow and bit his inferior lip. 

"They can't ignore stuff like this." The blond boy proclaimed. He fished his phone from his pocket, tapped the screen repetitively and then handed his phone to Shawn. The video showed him being beaten up by Jeremy, Signe being mistreated by the same person as well. It hurt him more have to watch his beloved ginger cries and pleads than it hurt reminding himself of every pain he felt and was still currently feeling. "I'm sorry Shawn. I really wanted to help you, but that would blow my cover."

"N-no...I understand. I think this is going to change things." Shawn smiled weakly while he gave back his friend his phone. They could send Jeremy to a juvenile detention and who knows if that wouldn't change that jerk for the best. "I have a question though."