Chapter 6

| Signe's Pov |

Another day rose in Toronto and with it a very happy Signe. She had woke up earlier that day with no reason, it was so soon she could see the sun rising and the dark sky covered with stars slowly turning into a lighter and more colorful palette of pastel pink, orange, and purple making the clouds looking prettier and more fluffy. Signe sat on her window seat as she watched the sunrise with her head leaning against the wall and her arms wrapped around her legs. It was so relaxing and inspiring, she wished she had someone to share that moment with. Would Jeremy be up to do something like that? She would have to ask him soon. After yesterday she definitely wanted to be around him more time. Right after leaving Shawn with Maddie, Jeremy had shown up, he had put his arm around her waist and pulled her body closer to his. It was needless to say that Signe was ecstatic and surprised with his gestures, but didn't mind them at all. If every day would be like that she would be a happy girl. Later that day he even made intentions of driving her home, he was a gentleman.

With a smile on her face, she left her room and went to the kitchen to eat her breakfast. As expected, her mother was still asleep considering it was still early. Silently, Signe began making pancakes for her and her mother humming her currently favorite song as she cooked their breakfast.

"Already up?" She heard her mother's sleepy voice behind her. Her mother walked behind her and hugged her from behind, resting her chin on Signe's left shoulder as she looked at the pancakes.

"Yeah. Morning Mom." She greeted with a kiss on her mother's cheek.

"Good morning honey." She released her daughter from her grasp and leaned against the counter observing her daughter. "Yesterday you got here so early and no Shawn."

"Yeah, Jeremy offered me a ride, his older brother brought us and Shawn had something to do," Signe replied as she put her first pancake on a plate next to her. She was still very intrigued with the whole 'I need to talk with Maddie' and all the little lies of 'Nothing is wrong' when something looked out of place with him. What was happening that she couldn't understand? Why did he want to talk with Maddie all of the sudden? It was all so weird and all Signe wanted was to know what was wrong with her best friend. Why did he refuse to tell her? Didn't he trust her anymore?

"Jeremy?"Jolene raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing in the corner of her lips.

"We are seeing each other." She answered with pride as she began making another pancake, meanwhile her mother had started eating the first one.

"What about Shawn?"

"What about him?" Signe inquired with confusion without looking at her mother.

"Nevermind." Her mother dismissed as she shook her head. Signe opened her mouth to insist and know exactly what her mother was trying to say through that question, but she made another question. "Who's Jeremy?"

"He's a boy I like from school."

"Oh...Is he nice to you? Does he respect you? Who is his family? Honey, you know you have to be careful right?" Jolene began questioning. It almost seemed police investigation that simply a mother's curiosity. Signe couldn't blame her mother though, after all, she had been cheated on by the man she thought she would spend the rest of her life with and he wasn't exactly a role model to follow, which meant her mother wasn't treated as she should all the time. All her mother was trying to do was to make sure she was alright and if Jeremy deserved her or not.