Hostage Situation

"Scott, this is ridiculous." Malia pouted. Turning her attention to Liam.
"This is the fifth time this week someone has tried to kill you. You're very pregnant and vulnerable. I don't think letting Liam and Hayden watch you while I'm away for a few days is so crazy."
Scott said over the phone.
"I can take care of myself.
Besides Peter's here. And I can take care of myself." Malia said.
"How? You're huge, can't take three steps without running out of breath and you're getting weaker by the day.
They're looking after you. End of story. See you in three days." Scott hung up.
"Well screw you too, Alpha!" Malia yelled and tossed the phone on the bed.
"He's just trying to keep you safe." Liam said gently.
"Yeah...I know. I just...hate feeling helpless. And being told what to do." Malia added.
"Yeah. I know. Hey. I know this isn't the ideal situation but it's just until Scott gets back. We'll do our best." Liam said confidently.
"I'm sure you will. Ooh." Malia breathed. Liam shot up.
"What is it? Is it the baby? Are you hurt? You can't have this baby now!"
Liam panicked.
"Clearly, I'm in good hands.
I'm fine, Liam. The baby just moved. This kid has been real active these days." Malia said.
"Don't do that to me. So...Do you know the sex of the baby yet?" Liam asked.
"Nope. I want it to be a surprise. That's why I bought neutral colors." Malia rubbed her belly. "I thought I was going to automatically hate this baby like The Desert Wolf hates me but I don't. How can you hate something you carry for nine months?" Malia got this distant, dreamy look and Liam wondered what she was thinking about. The thought was disrupted by a noise outside.  Liam shielding her.
"Someone's outside."
Liam's eyes glowed.
"It's probably Scott's mom." Malia said dismissively.
"She's working late." Liam took out the claws.
A single gunshot came through the window and Liam instinctively wrapped his arms around her. Protecting her. From over Malia's shoulder he saw Peter charging in with a frying pan.
Deflecting the bullet in time. Protecting them both.
"I'm getting really sick of them." Peter groaned as he dropped the pan. Liam felt comfortable enough to let go.
"Scott?" Malia asked.
"I was back up in case Liam inevitably failed." Peter looked at Liam.
"Super. I'm hungry." Malia sighed. Changing the subject.
"I'll get it!" Liam said excitedly. Racing downstairs.
"He's like a puppy." Peter said. Managing to make Malia smile. "You know we need to end this right?"
"I know...But your ending things usually ends in someone dead." Malia said.
"You say this like it's a problem." Peter said as he followed her down the stairs.
That was supposed to be the end of it. The next day it was business as usual. The boys and Melissa helped Malia put the baby crib together at the loft. Melissa gave some advice and Hayden faced off against one of the Calaveras until Liam came to help.
It went on like this for two days until Scott came home.
He swooped in her bedroom window and instead of being startled, Malia greeted her fiancé with a hug and passionate kiss.
"I missed you too. But...I...Malia, stop." Scott laughed as Malia nipped along his jawline.
"Never leave that long again." Malia whispered between kisses down his neck.
"O...kay. Down, girl. I have a surprise for you. It's downstairs. In the basement" That was all she needed to hear. She moved as fast as she could and ended up in the afformentioned  location.
"A stranger... Tied to a...chair?" Malia said confused about it.
"This is one of Calavera's men. The ones trying to kill you." Scott explained. Her attitude changed. Cocking an eyebrow.
"Where's Liam and Hayden?" Malia asked.
"I sent them home." Scott said. Already knowing where she was headed.
"Good." Malia punched him in the throat. And a back hand slap. Followed by a swift scratch to the temple.
"Don't exert yourself. I'll handle it." Derek said at the top of the stairs.
Derek stabbed his claws into the man's hand. Malia taking sick, justified pleasure in hearing him scream.
"Here's how this is going to go; We need answers. You're going to give it to us. If you don't some very violent friends of mine are going to happily beat you to a bloody pulp until you talk. Or die. Whichever comes first.
How bout it?" Scott asked.
Derek ripped off  the duct tape. "I have been taught to endure the worst of tortures.
Do your worst dogs! I'm not talking and that thing in her belly will never see the light of day!" He vowed. That set off something in Malia's brain she tried so hard to suppress.
"Scott, get my shoes!" Malia ordered as she kicked them off. Derek removing his claws only to restrain his cousin.
"Let's go upstairs." Derek put an arm around her.
"No! We have him, he threatened my child. I am going to murder him."
Malia growled.
"Killing him defeats the purpose, sweetie. Now go upstairs and Derek's going to make you some tea. Take a breath. Think about the baby. I will handle him. Deal?" Scott asked gently.
"Fine but I'm coming back down after." Malia gave one last glare at the bastard before leaving.
"Well...Looks like you and I are going to become good friends." Scott said in a tone, so cold. So sadistic it was unrecognizable. Malia slept like a baby through the wails of pain and bitter swearing.