Chapter 5

((A/N)) 200+ reads?! Holy crap! That's alot! Well, compared to other stories it isn't, but still! Wow! Thank you guys for reading and voting for my story it really means alot! Anyway, here is the really late update. Hope you enjoy!
××SW××

Stephen's P.O.V
I barely slept at all last night. I couldn't keep thinking about what had happened in the courtyard, and it was driving me mad! Hopefully today, everything will be normal. Like yesterday had never happened. Least that what I hope will happen. The less it's talked about, the better. Practice, that is the main concern for (y/n). Though maybe I should talk to her about it... No. I doubt she even remembers..
I made my way into the courtyard and was greeted by Mordo.

"Hello Strange." He said
"Hello. Where's (y/n)?"
Mordo shrugged, "I haven't seen her. I think she is still in her room."
"Odd.." I mumbled, "She usually is out here before I am."
"Want me to go check on her?" Mordo asked
"No, no, that won't be necessary. I'll check on-" I stopped, "Actually, yes.. You check on her. I have to.. I have to go do something."

Mordo's P.O.V
I watched Stephen walk off, muttering to himself. I don't know why, but something was telling me he was a bit troubled. I sighed, and headed inside to check on (y/n) like he had asked. When I got to her room, the door was cracked open. I peeked inside and saw (y/n) laying in bed, and she was shaking.

"(Y/n)?" I said, opening the door completly
"W-what..?" She said, her voice cracking
"Are you alright? You haven't left your room?"
"I-im fine.. m-my legs are just.. they hurt.."
"Want me to get Stephen? He used to be a doctor. Well, he was a neurosurgeon but I'm sure he knows how to numb pain."

She nodded. "Ok.. I'll get him." I said as I walked out, closing the door. I walked away, going to find wherever Stephen had run off to.

Stephen's P.O.V
I went to the library and began reading a book I had already read about 100 times. I got about halfway through the book, when Mordo walked in.

"There you are." He said, "(y/n)'s legs are bothering her. Says they hurt. I said you might be able to help numb the pain for her."
"I can tell you what to do and you-" I started
"What is going on with you?" Mordo interrupted, "Why won't you go see her?"
"Because I can't."
"Why not?"
"I just can't."
"Tell me why."
"No."
"Stephen."
"Because I think I'm in love with her!" I exclaimed. I slammed the book shut and stood up, "And I'm afraid of getting close to anyone in fear I might hurt them!!"
Mordo stared at me, then spoke, "If you think you love her, then you will go and help her with the pain in her legs. I'm not your dog that you can order around. Now go."

Mordo walked out, leaving me in the silence of the library. I sighed and put the book back. "I can't be in love." I thought, "Its impossible."
I made my way out of the library and to (y/n)'s room. I knocked on the door and opened it. (Y/N) was laying in bed, her head buried in her pillow. I could hear muffled cries coming from her. I frowned and walked over to her, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Where does it hurt?" I asked calmly.
"M-my legs..." She cried
"I need you to sit up.."

(Y/n) tried to sit up, and I noticed it was hard for her. I helped her sit up and propped her legs up onto a pillow as gently as I could.

"Can you move them?" I asked
She nodded, "Y-yes.."
"Alright.. that's good."

I wasn't good at this. I never was. I was a neurosurgeon, not a masseuse. I was going to try anyway. I lightly touched her leg, and she flinched.

"I barely touched you."
"It hurt.."
I sighed, "I'm not sure what to do.. I could make you some tea, help you fall asleep."
"No.."
"Then what should I do?" I asked
"Just.. stay with me.. g-give me company.."

I looked at her. Her eyes looked sad, and she wore an expression of, not so much pain, but more... sad. I nodded and stayed next to her, putting my legs up onto the bed. She leaned over and hugged my waist, putting her head to my chest. I tensed up a bit, but then relaxed, putting an arm around her. This meant nothing, it was just comfort. That's all it was. Comfort...

_________

After about 30 minutes, (y/n) had fallen asleep, and so had I. When I woke up, her arms were still around my waist, and my arm around hers. I looked at her to see if she was still asleep. She wasnt.

"Do your legs still hurt?" I asked
"You talk in your sleep.." she replied
"That didn't answer my question."
"No.. they don't hurt anymore.."
"Good." I said.

I got up and headed for the door to leave.

"Stephen?"
"Yes..?" I said, standing by the door. I didn't face her.
"You said you loved me. While you were sleeping... Is that true?"

I didn't say anything. I just opened the door and left.