☆ Cliché Ship-Fics ☆

Let's talk about cliché fanfictions, shall we?

And, if you're one of the aspiring authors who've written some of these clichés, I highly suggest following the ways to fix them that I've jotted down.

Oh, and don't think that this will be the last of these fanfiction clichés. There'll be a TON more to talk and discuss, as well as more action for Mary to partake in.

---

First up, the typical PDH fanfiction, wherein the main character falls in love at the first day of class - let's face it, we've probably written this before - and I, myself, am guilty of writing this cliché.

Aphmau's POV

OMG. Look at him, with his flawless tanned skin and soft, light brown luscious locks - even though I haven't touched them yet, I assure you they're soft - as his icy blue eyes gazed into my hazel eyes. His tall, five foot eleven-stature towered over my... four feet and three inches.

"I need to go to the bathroom," he announced, scampering to the restroom.

He is so hawt. I luv him.

And yeah, it's unrealistic - loving someone just by seeing them - though, I used the term "like," so it's mostly physical attraction at first, not emotional.

I highly suggest changing that part a bit. Maybe they don't even notice their future love interest during the first day? Maybe she/he hates her/him at first? -- though, that one is also cliché, due to Aaron and Aphmau's love story starting off like that.

Also, why do these fanfictions always start like this?...

Aphmau's POV

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!"

Ack, that must be my alarm clock. Annoyed, I gripped the clock and threw it against the wall, continuing to sleep against my soft mattress.

I totally got to sleep even with the sound of the clock's bits and pieces sprawled across the floor - yeah, totally.

"Aphmau! Get your lazy butt down here! It's your first day!"

"Okay, coming!!" I grunted, slipping out of the bed as I flopped onto the floor blah blah blah...

First off... beep beep I'm a sheep.

Okay, okay, but seriously - why do they always start off the stories like this?

And "that must be my alarm clock," well, NO DUH it's your alarm clock - you set that there the night before!

Also, Sylvanna probably paid some good money to afford that alarm clock, and there she goes throwing it against the wall, even though that could practically make a large hole in the wall.

#StopAlarmClockAbuse and #DonateToSylvanna

Can anyone just start a fanfiction normally? Like, with the parents telling them to enjoy their day, or with them randomly dozing off in the middle of a REGULAR school day? It doesn't always have to be the first day, you know.

Next up, the way Aphmau/or the MC meets her/his love interest. She/he/they either bumps into them (like Aaron), clumsily trips over someone, or accidentally kisses them on the first day.

Aphmau's POV

I was walking to school safely, when I bumped into a wall. Oh wait, it wasn't a wall... it was a hot guy! "Watch where you're going," he sneered, walking off.