☆ Tropes (Romance) | 2 ☆

Whether or not you're a fan of Romance, you're bound to have read even a single Romance FF.

If not... then, what are you even doing? You're missing out on the Aphmau fandom, which can be bad or good, but that depends.

What I'm saying is, everyone has probably read a Romance book — it can be Aphmau, Voltron, or whatever.

One important factor to a Romance book is the character and relationship development, and how the main characters' relationship came to be.

But, today, we'll be talking about the most cliché of the bunch. So, put on your seatbelts, and get ready for a rollercoaster of fanfics!

••

- The "Tripping" Trope

Like, crap.

I've done this (to be fair, I was much younger then, but anyway) and it's pretty annoying.

I mean, in real life, tripping can get you into some pretty weird situations, but you were probably just in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

But seriously, why does every Aphmau couple in FF's have some moment when one of them trips, and then they kiss/fall into a sexual position?

Like, lemme set the stage. The characters are in high school, when they're all weird and stuff, with puberty n' all. The guy trips while approaching the girl/guy, falling on top of her/him. Because shipping fuel, the guy is automatically straddling the girl.

Like, does that not sound weird to you?

Laurance's POV

I walked through the wide hallways of our school, as students' backs pressed against each other, and no, those do not contradict each other at all.

Anyway, I continue strolling through school grounds, before I laid my eyes on the blue-haired beauty before me. Curly, wavy hair. Glistening skin. A hue of blue oh so true.

"Hi... Dante."

He chuckled, whirling around, waving towards me. I stepped forward, tripping on a toenail, lunging my body forward.

I pressed my eyes together, waiting for my body to reach the cold, hard floor. But, I slowly opened my eyes to see Dante below me, as I clutched onto his sleeves, bracing for the impact. I had my legs around his, as people continued to stare at us.

A pink hue brushed across my perfect face, as I quickly stood up, pulling Dante up with me.

I couldn't help feeling embarrassed. I ran away, nearly tripping and falling into a hole in the process. I couldn't face anyone — especially Dante.

Oh wow, am I bipolar? I thought. Anyway...

So, before we get to more of Laurance's bipolar-ity, let's just cut him off.

Does that not sound weird to any of you?

I know this is getting redundant, but I've never really slipped and just-so-happened to fall on top of a person of the opposite gender (or the same gender, you do you).

So, there. I'm pretty okay with this little trope, but it sometimes just comes off as forced.

I think a quick and easy way to steer away from this cliché, is to, well, put them in a different situation, one that's more believable;

I know a lot of authors do this just so they could place the two lovers in an awkward, semi-sexual position, but this could be done in so many other ways;