page 3: the second time.

i've come to realize that i can't seem to forget these moments. i can still remember them as clear as day. can you?

it was fifth grade. i hadn't talked to you, ethan thomas, since that one fourth grade kickball game at recess. we talked that whole game laughing at your jokes and my stories. it was one of the best days of my life, but after that we never seemed to talk again.

i was surprised that sunny april afternoon as i sat underneath the big oak tree near the playground to see you walking over to me. you sat next to me and looked straight ahead at the other kids playing. you didn't say anything so i decided to speak first.

"what are you doing here?"

you turned your head to look at me and you stared once again. i raised my eyebrow and just like that i felt it again. it was in slow motion, you leaning in and me just sitting there. when you finally kissed me time slowed even more. i was surprised the entire time, my eyes open and wide, but yours were closed. it was my first kiss and you were the one to give it to me. when you finally backed away you stared at me wide-eyed and confused then got up and ran away. you ran straight to your friends who were cheering you on.

it was only later that day that i found out it was a dare.

but tell me ethan, did you feel it too?

• ☉ •

don't forget to vote and comment!