page 7: the sixth time.

seeing you again was taking its toll on me. you came right back into my mind at all times of the day and i didn't want that. i had better things to do than think of you ethan thomas.

i thought i was doing well truthfully. i would occupy my mind with studying for my upcoming exams at the cafe and i was doing great, i was finally starting to forget about you. but there was just that one thursday morning that ruined it all.

i was reading and annotating the assigned chapter in my english textbook minding my own business when the sun that was illuminating my cup of tea disappeared. i glanced up to see no one other than you ethan thomas, your bright blue eyes looking right at me.

"um, you're in my light," i told you, looking a bit impatient. i was hoping you didn't notice me, hoping you forgot about who i was. maybe i could get out of this encounter unscathed by memories of our pasts.

"sorry," you scooted over to the right a little and gave me a small smile, one that i really wish hadn't made my heart melt. "uh, it's genevieve right?"

"i'm sorry, do we know each other?" maybe i could play this off. cause you seemed to know exactly who i was, but i didn't want you to.

your smile faltered, "it's me. ethan. ethan thomas."

i gulped at the name, "i-i'm sorry, i don't..." my eyes flashed to my book, "i don't recall you..." i looked back up to see your eyes.

you looked down and bit your lip. i couldn't help but remember that night freshman year and my insides twisted at the thought. suddenly you pulled out the chair across from me and sat in it. i stared at you with wide eyes.

"come on you have to remember me. you know that kid who kissed you in fifth grade on the stupid dare," you chuckled. i looked at you blankly, my friends called me a good actress, hopefully they weren't wrong. you stared at my face and your hopes started to fade. "you-you know that boy who kissed you at his house in freshman year," you grabbed my hand and looked back at me with pleading eyes.

that's when it started. everything stopped, nothing around me mattered but you. i looked down at your hand holding mine and stared at it. i looked back at you staring at me, leaving me breathless once again. i didn't need this. i didn't want this. i had another i called my own and this felt like cheating. i couldn't do that.

i jerked my hand back and slammed my textbook closed and gathered up my supplies hurriedly. "i'm sorry, i can't...do whatever this is." i shoved my stuff in my backpack and stood up throwing it around my shoulder.

"wait genevieve! look you felt that too right?" you said as you grabbed my wrist to stop me from leaving.

i sucked in a breath. you felt it. but i couldn't let that statement get to me, "no." i jerked my arm and turned around and left.

you felt it. you damn felt it too. i hated that, having this feeling with you. i had yet to have this feeling with aaron and i'd been dating him for two years.

so why did it have to be only you ethan?

• ☉ •

don't forget to vote and comment!

heyyyy, just wanted to say that i kind of added a "first" chapter to this story. i wanted this story to go a certain way after thinking about it for a while so i added the chapter at the very beginning called "page 1: the introduction". so i'd be like super cool if you would check it out if you haven't already, it's very short and will only take 30 seconds of your time so please give it a read for a better understanding of the story.

-maadzzm