page 11: the tenth time

3 years. that's how long we were together for when that day began. just 3 years. i woke up beside you, ethan thomas, in our tiny apartment with the sun shining in my face. that's how I woke up every morning with your arms wrapped around me cuddling into my chest, it was probably my favorite part of my day.

"good morning," you whispered as you reached out to brush stray hairs away from my face.

"good morning," i gave a smile and you leaned forward and gave me a kiss which soon deepened into a make out session.

you broke off the kiss and gave a little laugh, "as much as i would love to stay here and lay with you all day, i can't."

i frowned, "why not?"

"because i have plans for today," you smiled as you rolled out of the bed and made your way into the ensuite bathroom.

i put my head under my hand and sighed, "what are these plans?"

i heard the shower turn on and you popped your head out through doorway to look at me, "my plans are with you gen."

i sat up in the bed, quite interested now. i ran my hands through my hair and then stretched, "with me? i don't recall agreeing to any plans babe."

"too bad i'm taking you out anyway, so get dressed."

"okay then," i mumbled to myself and threw the sheets off me and made my way to the closet and picked out a simple outfit of ripped skinny jeans and a flow white tank top with brown sandals. i then grabbed my phone and went into the kitchen to make some coffee.

after few minutes later you came up behind me and wrapped your arms around me, "you look beautiful today."

i couldn't help but laugh at that, "you say that everyday."

you just smiled at me, "because it's true gen. you're always beautiful to me."

"god, you're such a sap." i laughed again and took a sip of my coffee. you just looked at me and shrugged.

☉☉☉

that day had been wonderful. simple but wonderful. you, ethan, had always known i was one for simplistic things nothing to extravagant was what i liked. we had gone to a small cafe to have lunch where we shared laughs and good memories. it was amazing.

after lunch we decided to go down to the park. i had loved this park honestly, it was my favorite place to be when i needed to think of just relax. i also knew that it was your favorite place to be too, for other reasons.

we held hands and walked the path and through the park until we came upon the bridge that overlooked the pond.i stopped and stepped to the edge and leaned on the railing. i smiled at it, "hey ethan do you remember our kiss here? cause i do," i sighed and looked at the ducks swimming around in it while waiting for your answer but it never came, "ethan?"

i turned around and the moment happened again. everything paused as i looked at you on that bridge down on one knee with a velvet box in your hand. i covered my mouth with my hands as tears started welling up in my eyes.

you took a breath and began, "gen you are the light of my life. honestly i don't know where i'd be if it weren't for you. you are my rock and i love you so much for that. you know I'm not the greatest with words, especially when i'm nervous, after all words are your forte," i gave a breathy laugh as i stared down and you continued, "but i know that my life wouldn't be complete without you, so genevieve cordova will you marry me?"

i gave a giant smile and nod as i pulled you up from the ground. i immediately kissed you in my excitement. my heart was over the moon, it felt as if it was going to pound right out of my chest.

"so is that a yes?" you asked.

i smacked your arm lightly, "of course its a yes! do you think i would have kissed you if it was a no?"

you smiled at me and took the velvet box and took the ring out and slid it on my ring finger. i admired it for a minute, it was beautiful. it was just a small silver band with a small diamond in the center and maybe to other girls it wouldn't have looked like much, but to me it was everything because you were everything to me, ethan thomas.

• ☉ •

don't forget to vote and comment!

I'm crying guys. oh I'm so excited, I'm so happy. ahhhhhhhhh! i love this. i love them. it's the best. thank you again for reading and now I'm going to go cry under my sheets from my feels good bye. Oh! Also if you noticed my new cover is by sipcovergirl check her out if you need a cover for your story!

 Oh! Also if you noticed my new cover is by sipcovergirl check her out if you need a cover for your story!