page 10: the ninth time

i had stood in the line at the cafe that day waiting to order. i didn't know what was in store for me later that afternoon but that didn't matter. all that mattered was that you, ethan thomas, had came tapping on my shoulder from behind me with a smile on your face.

"well what can i do for you ethan," i smiled back, turning my attention to you.

"well i was wondering if you'd like to join me on nice walk. it's a beautiful day out and i can't think of anyone better than you to spend the day with."

my smile seemed to grow brighter as you said that and i nodded in agreement, "i'd love that."

the walk to the park didn't take long and on our way we talked about many things ranging from food to music, i found it amazing how talking to you was so easy, so simple. it was like i never even had to try.

we had stopped walking when we got to the bridge that overlooked the pond that was filled with dark green moss and ducks that were quietly swimming along. i leaned against the bridge railing and looked out at the pond taking it all in. the people, the animals, and the sounds of the trees rustling in the late fall breeze.

"the earth has music for those who listen," i had whispered the quote by shakespeare as i enveloped myself in the sounds the park had created and turned around to smile at you as i continued "you know as a kid i had always found it strange how autumn is always so beautiful yet everything is dying but then i realized that without death you can't have rebirth and without rebirth this world would be nothing."

you just stared back at me, your eyes roaming all over my face saying nothing. i felt my cheeks heat up a bit in embarrassment, "why are you staring at me like that?"

"you're beautiful you know that?" you said to me almost breathless.

i took in a sharp breath and stared at you, that wasn't the response i was expecting, yet it was better than the one i originally wanted. i smiled at you and breathed in the cold air surrounding us.

the moment began once again. everything slowed down to a stop as i looked at you. i barely even realized how close we were getting, but i didn't mind at all.

when my lips claimed yours it was amazing. your lips were soft and warm and i felt myself leaning into you as i wrapped my arms around your neck. the kiss was so gentle, so soft, yet it was passionate and was filled with so many feelings i had kept inside, so many feelings you had kept inside.

i never wanted it to end. if time was truly frozen i would have stayed there forever with you holding me in your arms kissing me until your lips were numb. but i had places to be that day. people to see. so i stopped it. i stopped the kiss that was so perfect that i didn't think anything would be able to ever top it.

i leaned my forehead against yours and smiled a smile of the truest happiness.

you looked down at me and smiled back and whispered to me, "please tell me you felt that."

my heart picked up pace at the thought of time stopping for you too. i smiled once again and slowly nodded at your question. your smile somehow got even bigger and you held onto me tighter and bent back down and kissed me once more in your happiness and i loved every second of it.

Time had a funny way of working. it told you things without using words. and i had realized that day what it had been trying to tell me for the past fourteen years.

that you, ethan thomas, were the only one who could ever truly give me a moment of pure happiness. a moment so great that even Time itself had to stop for us, and i couldn't be more happy about it.

• ☉ •

don't forget to vote and comment!

um can i just say this is my favorite chapter yet?!? just me? no? yes? oh well i love it so much lol.