Chapter 30: Reality [END]

"You better listen to him, dad. He'll slit your throat open before you know it." 

So there I was; holding a knife up to the neck of the man I was supposed to call my father. We were all in his office, doors locked and windows shut. After getting thrown out of the house by Sebastian, we went straight to HQ, not caring about the punishment awaiting us. 

Karasuma was pretty mad at everyone else because they canceled their flight. Also at the fact that Karma was kidnapped and because overall, we were threatening to kill him if he didn't launch a rescue team in the next 5 minutes. 

He sighed, disappointment plastered on his face. "Gotta do better than that." he rolled his eyes. "Like a knife is going to--" 

"We placed explosives at the entrance," Eren smiled wickedly. "I can even set them off now if you prefer." 

"Do that and I'll just report. The proof is--" 

"--not available." Izaya cut him. "The security cameras are all down and even if you did get a footage, I'd just overlap it with a false recording." 

"The staff would be witnesses." 

Gakushuu chuckled, "How could they be...if they're all dead?" 

And then, the atmosphere got heavy. Those five began staring straight into Karasuma's eyes as if dueling with his willpower. Just a hunch, though, but I thought it'd be a bit more terrifying if I closed the gap between his neck and the blade. 

So, I did. Not enough to do anything. 

Although a few drops of blood trailed down the knife.

Finally, Karasuma sighed again, defeated. "You kids don't play around, huh?" he sneered. "No wonder your rankings are high for a team of teenagers." 

Eren held up the controller, "You have ten seconds." 

"Of course I do," he rolled his eyes, annoyed slightly. "Drop the remote. Geez, does everyone have to be so dramatic? You." he suddenly turned his head. "Nagisa, right? What a friendly welcome to be attempting to murder your dad." 

"I could very well kill you now, and you know it," I claimed. 

"And I could too," he whispered, directing my eyes towards his hands to see a gun. "I'll let go if you do. I'm giving you the bonus of letting the fact that you underestimated me slide, so let go. I'm still an assassin, for your information. Numbers don't scare me." 

I clicked my tongue, "Fine." lowering the blade in a sense of respect. 

He turned towards the team, "Now then, you children run along and leave this is to the adults. We'll have him back by today."

"By today? This is Ciel we're talking about," Gakushuu raised a displeased eyebrow. "Even so, isn't all the teams busy?"  

"Since team 31 came back from their mission 3 hours ago, I'll send them to the house," Karasuma said with a rather stern voice. "Send me the coordinates and they'll be informed immediately. They're an elite squad and, most of all, they're adults. Shut up and follow instructions." 

"But--!"

"No buts. All of you are grounded." 

***

"That fucking grandpa! The fuck does he mean grounded?! Is he my shitty dad?"

Levi paced around the room, his head spinning and his curse words flying everywhere. "Just let it be. He's already generous enough to send an elite squad to help him, right?" Gakushuu tried. "Plus, if not for Karma being the one, he wouldn't have cared at all."