Chapter 9

Alexis held her gifts close to her chest as she walked home. She couldn't keep herself from grinning ear to ear as she opened the door. "Molly, look what Trevor-.." A blond man looked up at Alexis from beside Molly on the sofa. "Molly...? Who's this?"

The man shifted a bit and cleared his throat. "John Watson. I'm Sherlock's flatmate. I'm sorry it's taken until now to meet you."

"Alexis, sweetheart... Come sit down." Molly patted beside her on the sofa.

She eyed Molly wearily and set her box on the coffee table. She swallowed hard as she sat on the edge of the chair across from them. "I don't understand. Is something wrong? Has something happened?"

John looked over at Molly before clearing his throat a bit. "Sherlock is missing. It's normal for him to be out late, but we have an agreement. When things are tense, or it involves Moriarty at all, he would contact me if he stays out late, or vice versa." He shifted a bit and wrung his hands. "I think he's in trouble."

"Then we have to do something!" Alexis jumped to her feet and started to pace. "We have to find him and help him. We can't just sit around and hope for him to come back!" She zipped her coat and started toward the door. "My father probably has him. This is all my fault, if I just would have stayed home-"

"Alexis, stop." Molly grabbed her arm and turned her around. "You have to calm down, okay? This isn't your fault."

"But it is my fault. I shouldn't have gotten any of you into this. He wants me. My father wants me back." She straightened up and nodded once before turning back toward the door. "And he gets what he wants. I'm going to make this right."