Chapter 12

Alexis rubbed her eyes and groaned when she heard her phone go off. She rolled over and looked at the time. 6:00. She picked up her phone and a smile grew on her face.

Hey, you awake? -Trev

Trevor had texted her. Why was Trevor up at 6:00?! "Americans..." She swore under her breath before texting back.

I am now. What's up? -A

I'm bored. Come to the café. -Trev

Alexis bit her lip, a smile still wide on her face. She was sure Molly would understand.

I'll be there in 10. -A

She hopped up out of her bed and stretched her arms upward. Dani circled her feet, rubbing her face against her ankles and purring loudly. Alexis bent down to pet her a few times before walking over to her dresser.

She decided maroon skinny jeans, a heather grey jumper over a black top and her black converse. She stuffed a few bills in her pocket, grabbed her phone, and tiptoed down the hallway.

Everyone was asleep in the sitting room -- John in the chair, and Molly and Greg on the sofa. Alexis walked over and pressed a small kiss to Molly's forehead before grabbing her coat and walking out the door.

She jammed her hands in her pockets as she walked, looking around with a smile on her face. It was snowing -- first one this year. She never knew how quiet London could be. It was peaceful.

Alexis walked up to the café and opened the door, shaking off some snow before she walked inside. "Good morning, Maggie. Gosh, it's cold outside. Make me something warm, will y-" She felt her phone buzz in her pocket and looked at it.

Don't go. -SH

Her heart raced. It was a warning. She turned and looked at Maggie to see wide, scared eyes. She was tied to a chair and her mouth was duct taped. She tried to scream as Alexis turned around.

"Hiya, Lex." Trevor said with an awful grin. He jabbed a syringe into her arm as she struggled before falling to the ground.