Broken Promise and Running Away

I giggled and ran off hiding. We were currently in the house and playing hide and seek. I passed out.

' "Hailey...." My father said, examining my cheek, "What is this?" He asked.

"Uh.. I.. Uh.. Nothing dad!" I rushed.

"Hailey. You tell me right now." He said.

"Uh a girl slapped me..." I lied.

"Ok..." He said.

"I'm going now.. I should be back soon.." I whispered and ducted out the front door.

Soon enough, flashes went off. I sighed and covered my face, going into the store. I bought the bread, milk, and eggs my father needed and started to head back. When I got there, I opened the door shocked. My dad was laying on the ground, dead. '

I gasped, waking up. I looked around. I was still in the attic. I sighed, starting to cry. Nobody could hear or see me. I just lay there, crying. Until I fell asleep.

*****

I woke up, freezing. I made my way out of the attic to find five boys downstairs. I walked over to my father.

"Hi daddy." I grinned.

"Ew. Get out of my house." He said.

"W-What?" I asked.

"You heard me." He said, "Get out."

"Why." I said.

"Because you are a psychotic little slut that doesn't know what shes talking about and you made your mother kill herself." He said.

"Fine then!" I yelled, "YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT?! I DON'T WANNA BE LIKE THIS!!! YOU ARE A FAME-STRICKEN, LYING, CHEATING, JERK OF A FATHER! A WASTE OF SPACE! YOU WANT ME TO GET AWAY? I'M GONE! I HOPE I DIE JUST LIKE MY MOTHER DID! I HOPE I GET HIT BY A CAR SO I CAN GET OUT OF YOUR LIFE AND OUT OF EVERYONE ELSES!" I screamed, running up to my room and slamming the door, locking it.

I grabbed my emergency suitcase/backpack from under my bed and went to the window. I leaned out, dropping my suitcase. I grabbed onto the tree branch and swinging down. I heard them get into my room as I took off. This was a great way to spend my 7th birthday. I went to the park and climbed high up into a tree, my suitcase/backpack on my shoulders. I strapped myself to the tree so I wouldn't fall. I let my tears fall. He broke his promise. He broke his promise to be with me forever.

Instead, he threw me out. Instead, he called me names. Instead, he made me feel low, like I wanna die.

"TEGAN!?" Louis screamed.

I was very well hidden. I held onto Jordynn tighter and sighed. He had a flashlight and was looking around. God. I want a cigarette. Just like Hailey used to do when she was upset. But I'm still a little too young. Well, as soon as Louis leaves, I will take off and go to the airport. I'm going to America. California to live with my Aunt Wendy to be exact. I took out the phone I bought and called her.

"Hello Tegan!" She chirped.

"Aunt Wendy." I whispered, "I ran away. I'm in big trouble of THEY find me, please. You have to help. I'm coming to America."

"Ok. I will see you in the morning." I already ordered a plane ticket. Its waiting at London International (totally made up.... Idk the airports in London) for you." She said.

"Thank you Aunt Wendy. You are amazing." I whispered.

"Your welcome sweetie." She said.

"I love you. Bye." I said.

I unstrapped myself from the tree and shrugged my back pack on, climbed down, and running. I ran a couple feet away from Louis but he didn't catch me. I ran to the airport and got my ticket, boarding the plane. I got to my seat, and sat down, silently crying. Someone sat down next to me.

"Hey, don't cry." He said.

"Why souldn't I?" I asked.

"Because, your too cute to cry." He said.

I looked up to see an angel? Uh well then...

I smiled slightly, "Thank you."

"Don't be afraid Tegan, I am not going to hurt you." He said, "I'm your guardian angel, I'm here to protect you."

We talked until I saw Niall get on. I found out his name was Sam. Harry sat down across from me.

"Aunt Wendy's?" He asked.

I nodded sadly, "At least she won't keep reminding me of my mom dying and keep calling me a freak and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.. Besides. I'm in your way in tour... And she knows what's wrong with me.." I whispered the last part.

"Wait, what?!" He asked.

"Niall, I have cancer." I said as we took off.

"What! Where?!" He asked frantically.

"I have brain cancer.. I already beat it once." I whispered.

He took out his phone when we were in the air, freaking out. I reached over and grabbed his hand. It's hard, and terrible news.

"Ni. I know it's hard. But listen to me. If it comes back, I can beat it once, I will beat it again. Trust me. I'm a very strong 7 year old." I whispered.

Then I fell asleep. I've decided to put Hailey behind me. She's gone. Simple.

****

I woke up in Niall's arm. I was on his hip and he was on the phone.

"Yeah.... Wendy's.... No.... C-C-C-Cancer.... Yeah.... No! This isn't your fault!.... Ok.... Yeah.... K.... Bye...." He said.

I frowned. My tummy feels weird. I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I gasp and my hand flew up to my mouth, trying to hold back the nausea. Niall notices and takes me to the nearest bathroom in the airport where I spill the contents of my stomach out. It felt terrible. I felt like a baby. Our luggage was with us, and I just cried again. Niall rocked us back and forth, calming me down.

"Shhh.." He cooed, "Its ok."

"No it's not! I'm gonna die Niall. I know it. Soon, I'm gonna fucking die." I whispered.

"Tegan. You need to calm down." He said.

"I need to calm down?!" I asked.

"Yes. You do." He said.

I huffed and got up grabbing my backpack and slinging it on my shoulder walking out. I pulled out a 20$ bill and went to get an orange juice and something to eat. Now, your probably wondering, 'Where did Tegan get the money?' am I right? Well, Wendy sends me money every month. Some in euros(€) and some in dollars($). Well, I saved up my euros, and bought a go phone. I saved up my dollars and now I'm here. So I can start using them here. I got myself a nice Samsung Galaxy S3 go phone. I took it out, ringing Aunt Wendy.

"Hello dear!" She chirped.

"Aunt Wendy, I brought company." I said, "Niall followed me here and found out the secret."

"Oh no.. Did anything happen recently?" She asked.

"Yeah. I violently threw up 10 minutes ago. I'm at LAX come get me." I said, "Please."

"Ok. I'm on my way." She said.

I sighed and sat down, eating. I saw Niall sit down across from me. He had red puffy eyes. He grabbed my hand and took a deep shaky breath.

"Please don't say your gonna die...." He said shakily, "I hate that reality without you."

"I'm sorry... Aunt Wendy should be here... In 5....4....3....2.....1...."

"I'M HERE!" Aunt Wendy announced.

I think Niall took a liking to her... Obviously eye raping her already. I would too. Aunt Wendy is gorgeous. All I hope now is that him, or the boys, or my father doesn't find out my other secret...

〰Guise... There is only gonna be two or three more chapters in this book! I am going to have a sequel for it too so yeah. I love you all♥️〰