Chapter Three

A/n: Writing a medical drama makes me really feel challenged to write this.

Arima Takahiko breathed deeply while he is in the waiting room

Arima Takahiko breathed deeply while he is in the waiting room. Dr. Nicole told him that she called the neurologist in New York Cancer Center to check Kousei's medical scans and she had already made an appointment for him. He doesn't have anything to worry about. After a few minutes, a young man around his 40's went closer to him. 

"Are you Mr. Takahiko Arima?" he asked him. "Dr. Nicole told me that her patient's father would want to have my opinion."

"Yes. I am Takahiko Arima," he replied. "Are you the doctor that Dr. Nicole wanted me to talk to?"

"I'm Dr. Mikheil Brown. I've already been a neurologist for twenty-two years. I'm forty-seven years old. Doctor Nicole's my student in Harvard Medical School. If she was wrong in diagnosing your son, I'll talk to her," he promised him. "So, can we go now in my office?"

... 

After a while, they went inside his office at the Neurology Ward. He quickly gave him all of the scans for Dr. Brown to look and observe. He pasted it on a board and stared at all of them for over ten minutes. "How old is your son and how is he, now?" 

"He's nineteen years old. He's a rising star among his age group. He studies music in Juilliard School. When they said my son does have cancer, my son cried like a baby," he replied. "I had never seen him cry like that for the past five years. He had also become workaholic and he plays his piano for hours until he faints."

"What are the other things you observed from him?" he asked. "Any strange thing you were able to see occurring to your son?"

"I don't know that much but every morning, he had been vomiting. He takes stomach pain relievers and after that, he goes to school. It was also a huge shock to me that he secretly went to optometrists to get glasses and check why he's having trouble seeing. Most of all, I wonder why the school never reported to me that he had been fainting most of the time. He also began getting easily irritated this past few months," he informed him. "He was sent in Manhattan Medical Center after I saw him having seizures. That's the only time I knew everything that had happened to him for this past few months after he became a second year college student."

He sat back down where Takahiko is waiting after he finished looking at all of the scans. "Sir, it will be better for your son if he moves here. Manhattan Medical Center is a good hospital but they don't specialize in treating cancer. It's still a good luck that Doctor Nicole was there and diagnosed your son correctly. Looking over all of your son's brain scans, I'm glad that I have taught my student well."

Takahiko couldn't even believe it. "Are you saying my son truly have cancer? He's not a child nor too old! H-how? How could this happen to my son?"

Dr. Brown stood up and held his shoulder. "I'll ask the Manhattan Medical Center to move him here. I've heard that they had already began the radiation and chemotherapy. You must not worry. Cancer this days can be treated. I also heard from her that he will be having another surgery and they attempt to get all of the tumor out. Dr. Fuji Daisuke is a great neurosurgeon. Trust him, sir. He would help your son get back on his feet."