Chapter Four

A/n: Vote and comment, okay?

"Dad," Kousei croaked out. "Where am I?"

His father immediately went closer to him and sat on his bed. "You're in New York Cancer Center. This was where I got a second opinion. Sadly, they confirmed the diagnosis in Manhattan Medical Center."

He stared at his father weakly after he knew that he really did have cancer that made him really sad. "Will I have radiation therapy again?" he asked his father as he broke in tears.

"No. Not yet. They'll be getting more brain scans tomorrow. What they want from you now is for you to get more sleep and rest," Takahiko informed him.

Kousei cried harder on his bed again. "I've been like this for weeks now. Can't I really go home? I want to go to school again, dad."

Takahiko cried, too. "You know that you can't go home, yet."

Kousei sat and hugged him tightly. He just kept on crying so hard due to fear and most of all, Takahiko observed that Kousei's depressed that made him worry for his son more. 

...

The next day, Dr. Brown, Dr. Gareth, and Dr. Lee finally introduced themselves to Kousei. He's in his wheelchair and he's being brought to the room where he'll be having his scans again. Even without Takahiko's report that Kousei seemed depressed, they could see it through his eyes. He had only been diagnosed that he had cancer for a week and he already looked very sad. Slowly, the nurse brought him and laid him down on the CT Scan's table. They talked to him for a while and after that, they slowly entered him in.

While they are scanning his brain again, Takahiko felt his nerves calm down when he saw Seto Hiroko and her husband again at the waiting room at the ground floor of the New York Cancer Center. Her husband, Seto Hirohito is an average man and he had become a Japanese Language Teacher in the USA after they migrated.

"How's your son?" he asked him. 

"I'm fine," he looked down. "My son seemed luckier than my wife."

That sure made Seto Hiroko ask him, "How can you say he's luckier?"

"My wife hadn't been checked by expert doctors. She died on the operating table. We're divorced but I took upon myself to take care of him. I'm lucky enough that he's not angry with me. I'm glad we went here in the United States. Looking at his doctors and the facility, I could say that by a margin, he does have a chance to survive," he told them. 

Both of them smiled and were relieved.

"Where is he now?" Hirohito asked him. 

"He's having CT Scans today," he told them. 

....

"Dad!" called Kousei as he rolls down his wheelchair as he approaches them after he was done with the scans."Aunt? Uncle? Why are you here?"