Chapter 2

I was really wrong in saying that the night could not get any better. The night had gone so wrong... Every single excitement I had was gone when I saw Jace Jenson, like how a kid was anticipating a puppy but got a bull terrier instead.

It was already past one in the morning, but there were still many people in Owen's house, drinking unstoppably like me. I was so drunk that even Christina sighed in defeat. Peter had told me to stop drinking and offered to drive me home, but I refused. It felt good to escape reality, even if it was just for a while. Peter and the others had already left since they still had a curfew at this age, but my parents were overseas, therefore I could stay here as long as I wanted.

And I did not want to go home today.

A sudden burst of adrenaline surged through me when the song Teenage Dream started playing. I stood up, wobbling, and started dancing with an imaginary guy.

Let's go all the way tonight

No regrets, just love

We can dance until we die

You and I, would be young forever

The guy had green eyes, and was the hottest of the hottest guys. A cheeky grin took over his constantly serious face when I danced with him. His hair was ruffled and blonde, and he was strong and muscular. I could remember the way he wrapped his arms around me. It was so perfect, like my body was destined to be in his.

You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream

The way you turn me on, I can't sleep

Let's run away and don't ever look back

Don't ever look back

The guy twirled me around, smirking. He sure knew how to smirk.

My heart stops when you look at me

Just one touch, now baby I believe

This is real, so take a chance

And don't ever look back, don't ever look back

His hands entangled mine, and it made electricity surge through me. I felt more alive all of a sudden. Blinking, I looked at him.

I'ma get your heart racing in my skin-tight jeans

Be your teenage dream tonight

Let you put your hands on me in my skin-tight jeans

Be your teenage dream tonight

I did a double-take when I noticed that my imaginary guy was actually a real guy. It was exactly what I had pictured. It was like a dream come true...

He looked really familiar. Like he was always in my thoughts.

He probably was. But I could not remember who this hottie was.

Still, I was drunk.

"Who're you...?" I slurred.

He laughed. How cute.

"I'm hurt that you don't even remember me. I'm Jace." He said after he stopped laughing.

What?! And to think that he was a really hot guy?!

I felt really dizzy. I clung onto Jace, trying to steady myself but happened to have a glance of his worried expression as he held me, stopping me from falling.

-

The next morning I woke up to the smell of lavenders. I got up, blinking at the brightness, and looked at my surroundings. It was neat and clean, and I had slept on a bed for the night. But wait, how did I even end up here?