Chapter 4

Peter was the player of our school, but ever since he said that he wanted me to be his girlfriend, he promised that he would never fuck anyone when we are dating ever again. And I never doubted his sincerity, because I could see it in his eyes as he spoke.

As I thought, I realised something off today.

Usually there would be dozens, or even half of the girls in the school waiting for Peter to get off his car. And once he did, it was when all those bimbos in the school sashay towards him and start to flirt.

Then Peter would ignore them, searching everywhere for me. That was what I liked about him.

There were only at most ten girls trying to catch a glimpse of him today, not that Peter or I cared, but it just seemed different. But before I could wonder why, I saw the reason, and it was standing right in front of me as I walked to my locker after hugging Peter goodbye.

Jace.

Oh of course.

It seemed that Jace was still fondly remembered by the people who knew him in middle school, from the looks of it.

He was standing against his locker with his arms crossed while those bimbos who used to worship the ground Peter walked on attempted to strike a conversation with him. One of them who managed to get a reply from him was clinging onto him like her life depended on it while the other girls were glaring at her, as cliché as it sounded.

I realised that I was still standing there, looking at him like any typical girl would do when they see a guy like him.

Shaking my head to stop myself from dreaming, I walked away from them to my own locker.

When Jace swept his eyes through the crowded hallway and spotted me, a grin formed on his lips as he unfolded his arms and fought through the crowd to talk to me. Upon realising that she no longer had his attention, the bimbo pouted and walked away. I sighed and rolled my eyes. And to think that she could direct his attention away from me.

"What do you want, Jace?" I finally asked him.

"Can't I catch up with my favourite girl?" Was Jace's reply. I heaved a dramatic sigh as I turned around and rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah right."

But then, I did not care what he thought.

"But are you really my Kit Kat?" He suddenly frowned, looking at me like I was some stranger.

"Huh?"

"I mean, you're so hot." I laughed loudly. As if.

"Not that you weren't hot at first, but you've seriously changed, you know? I didn't really see your face properly these past few days so I just realised." He looked really serious for a moment and turned me around so that I was facing him, inspecting every edge of my face.

My face turned hot as he indirectly reminded me of how I avoided his gaze every time he talked to me these few days.

But wow. Just wow.

Never in my entire life had someone other than Peter called me hot, and now the bad boy who was admittedly the hottest in the whole town actually complimented me?

Say what?

"Yeah, yeah." The close proximity must had affected me somehow since I couldn't form any sentences. Noticing my problem here, Jace smirked and winked at me.

"I'd totally bang you now."

But then, I must be a little insane to be affected by the closeness between us.