10.

Tessa's POV

I've been super stressed out lately with vlogging and editing and having to let AJ know about my whereabouts 24/7. I love AJ, or at least I think I do, but I don't know if that's true anymore or if I'm simply trying to convince myself.

I don't want to break up with him. I know that for a fact, but I also don't know how much longer I can deal with this. It's getting slightly worse, just in the little things.

The constant texting about what I'm doing and sending my schedule for the day. My texting him to confirm I arrived at my destination. Oh, and apparently he keeps harassing Anthony and Chance to stay away from me even though I thought, but clearly didn't do a good job, of convincing him we're just friends. He  keeps asking me to move in with him, but that is one thing I will not give in to.

He's already controlling enough as it is. I can't even imagine the level it would be on if we lived together. I didn't even think our relationship was that serious, but I can't pretend I don't feel a sliver of hope that there might be something special about our relationship after all.

I know it sounds like I'm holding on a little bit too much, but AJ is the only safe thing to bet on right now.

I'm in a very complicated part of my life right now and AJ is making it slightly better.... who am I kidding? Not even I could believe that lie. He's the reason my life is so complicated right now, but I still can't bring myself to break up with him.

'Oh and why's that Tessa?' Oh yeah it's because Tessa Brooks is too afraid of his reaction and is scared of putting herself in that position. I feel like such a fool. AJ and I have been dating for 6 months and things had been looking great up until this month. I hate to think all of that time was just a waste.

We used to have great times. I'll never forget our first date.

He handed me flowers and they were absolutely beautiful.

"AJ these are so pretty."
He simply stared at me and said the cheesiest, yet cutest thing ever.
"Pretty flowers for a pretty lady."

I smiled and looked down, noticing how he was still staring at me.

He set up a beautiful picnic type thing and it honestly looked like something I would see on Pinterest. We were just laughing and talking and having a good time. We opened up a little to each other and I honestly felt like I could trust him with anything.

It then started raining and I'm not talking a little dribble drabble I'm talking full blown Notebook moment pouring.

My first thought was my dress.

This dress was so expensive and it was my first time wearing it.

"Come on," AJ suddenly brought me out of my 'woe is me' mindset and I realized I needed to run. Down a hill. In heels.

AJ must have noticed my hesitation as he quickly came and picked me up and trudged through the rain with me in his arms and hey, I didn't mind.

I was suddenly brought out of my flashback by Erika yelling downstairs that dinner was ready. I yelled back and thought back to that memory and sighed knowing it was moments like those that caused me to look past everything AJ did with a smile. He never harmed me and I doubt he ever would. Doubt.

Deep down I really hope he's the same guy who carried me out of the rain and back to safety, but I think in the back of my head I knew. I just knew he wasn't that guy.

A/N: Hope you all enjoyed!

VOTE.
COMMENT.
SHARE.