17.

Chance's POV:

Tessa and I had just reached the cafe we go to every Saturday morning and I opened the door for her and watched as she gave me a small smile.

We had finally gotten in line and we were both looking at the menu for what we should order. It was almost our turn when I looked over and saw AJ  sitting with the girl from the bowling ally.

The sight made me instantly angry, but when I saw Tessa next to me, I knew I had to protect her from the sight. 

"You know, Tessa, maybe we should go somewhere else.." I said trying not to let the panic in my voice show.

"Why?" she asked and I said the first excuse I could think of.

"Just.. you know. It's a long line and.."

"Chance, we're next in line." 

She was making this really difficult. I tried to cover them so they were out of her view, but she must of noticed as she pushed me out of the way and looked at the couple in front of her.

I watched as tears filled her eyes and it honestly broke my heart. My sight followed her as she walked right out of the cafe. 

I noticed AJ trying to run after her and I saw the girl beside him looked confused as ever.

"What's going on?" she asked, "I thought she was just your cousin." She seemed angry.

Did he really play them both?

"No, no, no. She is," AJ tried to reassure her.

"Your cousin? Tessa is his girlfriend or was- pretty sure you lost that," I informed him.

AJ looked at me with pure rage, but that was nothing compared to what I was feeling.

The poor girl looked at AJ with nothing but hurt in her eyes.

"We're done," she said and with that she walked out.

"What the heck, bro?" AJ said to me.

Is he serious?

"No, what's wrong with you is the real question. You just lost the best thing that could ever happen to you and hurt the best girl in the world," I informed him.

"Oh, don't tell me- you have feelings for her," he said with a roll of his eyes.

"She is one of my best friends so, yeah, you're gonna be sorry you hurt her," I said, squaring my shoulders to try and make myself look more intimidating, AJ mirroring my actions.

"Why don't we take this outside, yeah?" AJ replied, not really asking.

I stormed out of the cafe, AJ trailing behind and as soon as we got outside AJ threw a punch right at my nose and that was the only sign I needed.

Next thing I knew my fist was headed straight for his face and his reflexes were too slow to even notice. My hand repeatedly hit him until he was on the ground, but not without getting a few punches in as well. 

"That's what you get for making Tessa feel terrible for weeks," I spit in his face.

"But guess who she choose, Sutton- me. You don't have a shot."

"Maybe not, but if she did give me the chance, I wouldn't be as stupid as you and mess it up," and with that I gave him one last punch and stalked away.

I couldn't go straight to the house so I decided to go to the gym and get out my frustration.

After a nice workout and some food, I figured I should get back and make sure Tessa was okay. 

I couldn't help the smile on my face knowing Tessa doesn't have to deal with that idiot anymore... Is that wrong?

A/N: Updateee!!! Thank you to everyone who supports this book and leaves me positive comments! I was wondering what you guys would think about me starting a Chessa Oneshot fanfiction... idk let me know!

VOTE.
COMMENT.
FOLLOW ME :)