Chapter 6

I can't stop shaking.

I'm in Lizzie's car on our way to the carnival and I can't stop shaking. We make small talk to get to know each other, but I'm freaking out. She amazing and I know I'll never forgive myself if I screw this up. I guess Lizzie notices and decides to speak up.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem a little jumpy,"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I say nervously but I know she can tell I'm lying. "Okay, I'm not fine. I'm actually really nervous,"

"Why?"

"Okay this is going to sound really stupid," I say and take a deep breath.

"If it makes you feel like this, it's not going to be stupid to me honey," she says encouragingly. 

When she calls me honey I feel like my heart's about to soar. "Well, I'm just really nervous about tonight,"

"Why? Am I making you nervous,"

"No," I say quickly. "Well, kind of. It just I haven't been on a date since before Dotty was born and that date was with her father,"

"Is that all?" she says taking my hand which just makes me more flustered.

"No. I've also never gone out with a woman before,"

"Oh!" she says shocked. "I'm sorry, I just figured that you flirted back and said yes to the date that you swing that way,"

"Well, I don't know. I had Dotty so young that I never got to figure myself out. But, I am happy to go out, just nervous," I say with an anxious chuckle.

"Well I'm glad about that," she says with a smile. "And we're here!" 

I was so stressed out that I hadn't even noticed that we were at the carnival, which was surprising with all the bright lights in the night sky.

"Okay, let's go," I say excitedly.

--------------

I was having an amazing time with Lizzie! We were laughing and learning so much about each other. I learned she had three sisters, one younger and two older, and two brothers, one younger and the other one older. She's always loved acting, she's apparently been making sketches since she was little. She has been abroad for college and went to Russia.

"That's so cool! I've always wanted to go to Russia,"

"Maybe you will go one day," she said. "Oh hey! Come on let's go on the Ferris wheel!". 

She ran ahead of me and as she stopped and stood in front of the Ferris wheel the light caught her just right.

She was beautiful, smart, extraordinary, and so much more.

"Come on (Y/N)!" she shouts and I run to catch up with her. 

-------------

Once on the Ferris wheel, we were looking at the lights, but then I saw that Lizzie was staring at me.

"What?" I ask with a smile.

"Nothing," she says looking down at her lap.

"Come on, tell me,"

"I just think you're really pretty and I really like you,"

I could feel myself blush as a grin spreads across my face. "I think you're pretty and I like you a lot too,"

She smiles as she pulls my lips to hers.

A/N:

Yay!! They kissed!!!!!