Chapter 3

"Nah, how can you not forget about that?" The tall man speaks again, and smiles.

The group of men walk to the register and order their drinks, softly talking and laughing at their inside jokes.

I look over at Veronica, to find her staring back at me. "Um, as-", "Do you know who they are?" Veronica interrupts me, changing her voice into a whisper.

"No?" I say confused, sneaking a look at them once again.

They all have their cups of coffee or whatever their having, and walks toward the seats behind us. I glance again, and feel a sudden rush in my cheeks as I spot the tall man looking at me. They all take seats and start talking, and of course me listening.

"Okay, so I have a plan, if we get out of here in time, we can make it to warmups, but first stop by the mall, sound good?"

Warmups? must be a band...

"Okay and I need to call my mom,-"

"Aweeeee Alan has to call his wittle mommy?" all the guys start laughing and teasing.

"Danielle?" I snap out of my day dream and revert my attention back to Veronica.

"Hm yes?" I say, taking a drink of my Starbucks.

"Did you hear me?" she says, with a confused yet serious look on her face.

"No.. sorry, what did you say?" I say and look out the window, looking at the cars and people walk by, and the clouds covering the sun, making patches of sunlight out and shine on the city.

"That's Of Mice And Men." she says and I stop looking and turn to her, my mouth open, and gasping.

I set my drink down, so I don't drop it.

"Th-that's Of M-Mice and Me-Men?" I stutter and quickly point to the boys behind me.

"Yeah," Veronica says and inspects my face. "Are you okay?" she asks and laughs.

"Yeah I'm fine.. just a bit starstruck I guess," I say and lean my head on my hand, and smiling a bit.

"Why?" she asks. "Ohh, you like them?" she realizes and I nod my head yes.

"They're really nice guys, actually. Very talented." she says and smiles.

"You have met them before?!" I say a little too loudly, attracting attention from the Lady across the room.

"Pshh well yeah, I've met all of the bands from Warped Tour!" she says and laughs as I laugh nervously.

"Speaking of Warped Tour, you need to go, with me! Oh and Of Mice and Men are having a tour with Bring Me The Horizon, its the American Dream Tour! Oh and don't forget- " She goes on and on about all of the tours and bands, while I, once again, turn my attention toward Of Mice And Men.

"Kelly said she would be working on the merchandise, selling and whatever, how does that sound?"

"Sure I guess.. we need some more people though! how about you Aaron?"

"Ehhh I got nothing.. how about you Austin?"

They stop for a minute and its silent.

"Austin? hellooooo?"

"Oh.. yeah yeah sorry.." That voice sounds so familiar.

I look at Veronica as she stares at me smiling. "What?" I say, confused.

"I think I know the perfect person that you would like," she says and smirks.

"But I'm dating Andrew?" I say and tap my foot against the chair leg.

"Oh forget him! he's a fucking douche, I have the perfect guy.." she says and looks off into space.

"okay?" I say and take the last drink of my drink. "Ready to go?" she asks, "Yeah."

We both get out of our seats, and right when we do, The men behind us too.