Alice in Wonderland Treats

So I am super obsessed with Alice in Wonderland. It opens a world where anything can happen whether it's nonsense or not! Today we'll be making some Alice in Wonderland treats. We'll make Eat Me cookies and a Drink Me potion, based off the book's description.

You can also find this recipe on YouTube by the amazing channel FeastofFiction.

Tsp=teaspoon

Oz=ounces

❤Eat Me Cookies❤

Requires:

cookies----->

-2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

-1 tsp baking soda

-1 cup softened butter

-1/2 tsp baking powder

-1 1/4 cup white sugar

-1 egg

-1 tsp vanilla extract

frosting----->

-3 oz pasteurized egg whites

-1 tsp vanilla extract

-4 cups powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)

(Frosting can be store bought too)

tools----->

-mixing bowl

-spatula/electric mixer

-cookie cutters

-pastry bag/plastic bag with tip cut off

Process:

1). To make the cookies, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.

2). In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and beat till combined. Slowly add in dry ingredients.

3). Once all the ingredients are combined and have formed your cookie dough, remove from the mixer in small chunks and roll out into thin even layers.

4). Using cookie cutters, create your cookie shapes. Place onto a pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden.

5). Remove, cool, and prepare to ice.

6). To make the icing, mix your egg whites and vanilla and beat until frothy. Gradually ad in your confectioner's sugar and mix on low until sugar is incorporated and combined. Increase speed to high and beat until mixture forms stiff glossy peaks. This could take anywhere from 5-7 minutes - keep an eye on it. Add any kind of food coloring you like and beat until the color has evenly dispersed through the icing. Transfer icing to a pastry bag.

7). To apply icing, cut a small slit off the front of the pastry bag and outline your cooled off cookies. Once that has dried, you can cut off a slightly larger slit and fill the space between the outlines. Be careful as to not put too much icing on or it will spill over the sides.

8). Once that has dried, carefully write your text onto your cookies. Patience and practice makes perfect.

❤Drink Me Potion❤

Requires:

-milk

-1 strainer

-2 bowls

-cherry tart (made or store bought)

-pineapple

-turkey broth or a part of roast turkey

-5 vials or jars

-custard

-hot Buttered Toast

-toffee

-food coloring

Process:

1). Bring a pot of milk to a boil and then remove from heat.

2). Pour in the hot milk to each container with the separate ingredients and seal.

3). Give them a good shake or stir as well to make sure the ingredients are mixed in.

4). You can either cool them off in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour or go the whole way and let them sit overnight. The longer the mixtures are together, the more flavor they will infuse.

5). Once the milk has been infused, strain the milk into another bowl. Color it with food coloring (preferably red to make the potion pink).

6). Pour into a potion bottle and you've got your delightful Drink Me potion! Not the absolute tastiest, but definitely an experience.

And there you have it! Now you can have your own mad little tea party. Enjoy and stay in-sane. If you try these out, comment what you thought about them. Vote, comment, follow and share!