Chapter 7 - Confession

"No....No... Please don't go.... Please don't leave me..... Don't leave me." She begged of me for not going away. She is so very strange. One moment she is an angry bird, scolding a person just because he spilt coffee. And the next moment she is a totally freaked out person. One moment her eyes were filled with anger and now the eyes were teary and filled with a tinge of fear.

"It's okay... Sonakshi calm down. Dont worry."

"Please take me away from here. Somewhere every far. Somewhere he could reach me. Please I don't want him to be back in my life. I don't want him." She said with every word of hers fading away. Each word reflecting pain and agony. I couldn't understand her inner torment.

"He ruined my life. He can't come back. He is worse, worse than a nightmare." She continuously babbled on in her freaked out voice. Her eyes swelled up of constant crying. Her eyelids heavy enough to shut. She was so drowsy that she couldn't even stand still. I lifted her and rested her on the car seat. She lay exhausted and traumatised with the current happenings.

I started the car and drove.
I drove into the Delhi highway exiting the city. Driving couldn't tire me at all, especially when someone very special is snoring away beside me. I sped along the black tarred road, crossing the small bridges with the rivers almost dried up. I decided to head for Jodhpur. The forts and palaces, temples and havelis, spices and fabrics, colour and texture, a booming handicrafts industry, all add up to make this city worth a visit. And this place would work great as a stress relief for Sonakshi.

As I entered the Jodhpur highway. The greenery faded away. The lush green plants had changed into thorny yellow bushes. It is so fairly called the Gateway of Thar, as it is literally on the edge of Thar desert. We reached Jodhpur. I decided to head for the Mehrangarh Fort. I don't know why I decided that but some feeling urged me to go there. It was 5 pm when we reached the fort but the Sun shone as if it was 12 noon. I was too hungry. I hadn't even eaten anything since morning and neither did Sonakshi. But my sleeping beauty was in deep slumber of sleep. I didn't wanted to her disturb her. So I let her sleep and halted near a tea stall.

Sonakshi's POV

My eyelids shut open just to find myself rested on the car seat with the seat belt entangled around my me. I glanced around me but I could not find anyone. The place wasn't a familiar one. I got scared. Had John brought me here? Was he taking me away from Dev? Lakhs of ungrateful thoughts implored in my mind. I got out of the car and there was a tea stall. I could smell a familiar alluring blood in the tea stall. I walked towards it and I found Dev slurping on the tea. I felt relieved as it wasn't John who brought me here. It was Dev.

"Dev!.." I sat beside him on the creaky old bench.

"Good evening.....My sleeping beauty!.....You know what never did i get bored with someone before.....The way you bored me."

"So..... You don't like my company?....So why did my bring me here?"

"No....I didn't say that I didn't like your company......it's that you were sleeping since morning."

I glanced at the watch. It was 5 in the evening. I have been literally sleeping since morning. I was about to ask Dev where were we but just then the ringing of the temple bells drilled into my ears. I was never so affected with such sounds but this was something very staunching. I walked towards the sound. I crossed the road to find the source of the sound. I was shocked. The sound was coming from the Chamunda Temple. The very Chamunda Temple of the Mehrangarh Fort. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was in Mehrangarh Fort in which I had spent my childhood. Where I and Ratan got married. I was seeing my homes after ages. The view was enthralling. The fort glistened in the dusk glow. It stood erect behind the marbled Chamunda temple.