Chapter 9

Dev's POV

My life just turned upside down. i thought that i would mark this day as the beginning of a new start but everything turned out horrible.i never thought that my life would turn out to be such. i wanted to start a new life with Sonakshi but her truth shook me. Its so much hard to forget someone who has given you so much to remember. I couldn't believe that the stories which I have been hearing since childhood as fantasies had now become the story of my life. Who could imagine their first love to be a vampire. Everything came crashing down. This is the problem with getting attached to someone. When they leave, you just feel lost. 

I was sitting on the creaky old bench of the tea stall just like a soulless body. I couldn't believe her. How can I just walk away from there. If she really was a vampire she had to prove it. I walked backed towards the fort.

I reached the fort and no one was present there. The tourist spot was now merely closing. Sonakshi wasn't there. Some feeling did tell me where she would be now. I barged into the fort careful enough from the eyes of the guards. I walked through the corridors of the fort. The corridors seemed very familiar to me. My steps halted in front of a room. I couldn't understand what feeling led me there. I opened the rusty door. I entered the room.

The room was dark as the fort was now closed for tourists but there was enough light from the moon enabled to see a feminine figure glancing out of the window. I walked towards her with my footsteps echoing in the empty room. She turned around. Her tears sparkled under the moonlight. Sonakshi came and threw herself in my arms.

"Dev....I knew you would come back.....I knew it.....Please don't go away again.....I cannot go through the same pain all over again...."she said in between her sobs.

"Sonakshi.....stay back...." I said jerking her away. I dint wanted to but I had to make things clear.

"No...Dev.....I will not leave you....u would die without you....Please.." She weeped

"So....what do you want Sonakshi...how do you want me to react...after saying that...how would I believe you....how would I believe something which I never saw in my life....this surely isn't truth...tell me......"

"Believe me.....dev....I am a vampire and that's the truth."

"Prove me...come on.....prove it me that you are a vampire."I said grabbing the bladed glass and cut my palm. Blood oozed out from it.

"No..dev...don't do this..."

"Come on Sonakshi ....prove it..."I said forwarding my hand in front front of her. Her breathes going faster as she smelled it. "Come on...prove me.."

Certain uneasiness showed up on her face. Her face going pale and coloured than before. Her eyes going wide and totally red. Her veins easily showed up through her skin. the face so beautiful turned fierce. She unable to resist anymore pounced onto to me with an unimaginable strength. She neared towards the wound but then retracted herself.

"Don't do this dev....I cannot hurt you...."

All this was truth. I couldn't take it. Tears rolled down my cheeks and kneeled down on the floor with a thud.

"Please don't hate me...dev...yes I am a vampire but I am not that devil....you have to know me...u cannot just go away.....Please don't leave me....I cannot live without you....Please don't hate me..." She sat down beside me.

"I dont hate you....i am just dissappointed ....you turned out to be something which i never imagined you would be....."

"Life is unpredictable dev...you can never imagine what it has destined...I was destined to this.....but I never wished for a life as this.."

"Sonakshi...you know I love you...I cannot live without you....I want to live with you....no matter what the condition is...tell me everything...tell me all your secrets that are bottled up inside you."

******

Precap - Sonakshi telling her past to dev...

Target - 55 votes