Chapter 10

Phew!! Finally a update.....I am so so sorry for the big delay....up with the chapter....hope you will like it.

********

[Flashback : 1801]

Padmini's POV

It was midnight but the Amarkant kingdom illuminated light. The houses, cottages, trees were burning. People were running here and there with the British army chasing them. The army men shooting the people with their rifles. The peace at Amarkant had now been disturbed. The innocent people were mercilessly killed. The palace which was once be-jewelled with people's happiness was now standing still witnessing the tragedy, unable to secure to happiness of its people.

The palace was dark and silent, only the screams of the people echoed in my ears. When the whole royal members including my husband have gone to fight against the army, I simply cannot sit back in the palace. I left my chamber and walked across the corridor tightly fisting the sword in my hand. But suddenly a sword flung around my neck and a person caged me from behind.

"You were the pride of your so called king?....huh....now you will be mine..." said Jonathan with an evil laugh trailing off at the end of his words. I flung away his sword and faced him. Evilness jittered in his eyes.

"A thing is owned when you earn it not when you snatch it from someone else....gaining happiness by destroying someone's is never fair."

"These things doesn't matter to me.....I just want you.....no matter how I get you" he said nearing towards me.

"Stay away!" I warned him but his steps didn't stop. I defended myself by flinging my sword against him but he always shielded himself in the Nick of time. Nothing stopped him. His steps came closer and closer with the permanent evil smirk plastered on his face. I no more could take any of his evil presence around me.

I flung the sword through his chest. The tip of the sword protruded out of his back. A very unfamiliar dark red blood oozed out of his wound. His face shrunk with dark black veins enhancing out of his pale skin. I retracted back my sword. The metal was covered with blood all over. I glanced over Jonathan. The dull face had now changed into a evil one with a cunning smile on it. His wound was healing. The sword which few minutes ago was covered with blood had no traces of it anymore as if it had evaporated in thin air. Jonathan bursted out a loud laughter. His laughter echoing in the hallway. The screams of people in the background added to my fright. I stepped back.

"How's this possible...?" I was astonished with whatever happened.

"You are strong....but not stronger than me....even your husband cannot defeat me...." His words trailed off with a laughter. His eyes turned bloodshot and fierce. I now knew that I couldn't fight with him I ran away from him. I ran towards the gates of the palace being followed by him. As I reached near the gates it closed with a thud. My footsteps halted and in no time he came in front of me.

I tried running away from him but he grabbed me by my tresses and dragged me. As a wild buffalo drags some broken creeper along, similarly he dragged me. I was shivering with fear. My body was covered with scars by his brutal tortures.

"Your beauty.....Your intelligence.....Your strength....Your modesty....was his pride...but now you would no longer belong to him.....forget him and accept me as your husband...." he said strolling around my bruised body. For the very first time I loathed over myself for being the most beautiful woman of Amarkant. The pride that was filled inside me of being the most beautiful woman was not shattering away. I wished no other woman suffers what I am suffering now. Make woman beautiful but not men lustful. I cried a stream of hot tears because of my state. I so wanted Ratan besides my side. I wanted his protection. I craved for his presence.

******

Precap - Will Ratan come to her aid....

Target - 65 votes