Chapter 13

Sonakshi got off the car and ran towards the library. Sonakshi entered the library and scanned through to find john. She stood near the staircase and closed her eyes as if sensing him. She loved the power that she could smell anyone tell where he was. Vampires not only smell so well but also have ears as sharp as to hear someone metres away. All of them had sixth senses, call it supernatural senses.

Sonakshi ran towards the first floor of the lib once she got to know where he was. "Sonakshi!" dev yelled panting heavily as he just parked the car and came running to sonakshi. "Wait even i am coming!" he said as she was climbing up the stairs.

"No dev.... You are not coming up with me... Stay here!" she said signalling him to stay downstairs. She definitely knew how powerful john was and he could overpower him. She wanted dev to be save.

"no dev you are not coming with me! Stay back! John can easily sense you.... So stay back!" she said as dev paid no heeds to her requests. Sonakshi pushed him and signalled him to stay back. Dev stood up and strided towards her but something stopped him. He couldn't climb the stairs. He was barred from moving ahead as if there was some wall in front of him. He was quick to understand that sonakshi did make an invisible wall in front of him, preventing him from going upstairs while sonakshi disappeared into the next floor in a jiffy. Dev was irked to the fact that sonakshi didnt take him with her. He feared her safety with john.

Here sonakshi walked slowly and tried not making john aware of her presence. She went to the adjacent rack where john was. She saw john surfing through historic journals. John took out a journal and was reading it when he just speedily disappeared from there. Sonakshi was confused about his sudden disappearance and thought that he must have sensed her and left. She walked towards the journal and was about to pick it up when two rough hands strangled against her neck, absolutely choking her to suffocation.

"What did you think that i wouldn't sense you here!" john said making his grip over her neck tighter as she wriggled under his hold. "i not only can sense you but also your love. Building up a protective shield around him would surely not allow me to touch him but i can surely smell his alluring blood."

"Dont you dare do anything with him!" i warned him as i pushed him away from me and he stood in front of me.

"i wont harm him until and unless you give me what i want!" he said smirking evilly.

"what do you want!?"

"that book of spells!" he said while sonakshi's throat dried out as she started sweating profusely. John and Carolyn always wanted that book. That was the reason they came to Amarkant. That book contained spells that would turn vampires immortal. Sonakshi definitely didnt wanted vampires like john and carolyn to become immortal.

"what are you going to do of the book when you dont have the emerald. You very well know that the spells are useless until and unless you have the emerald." she sighed a breath of relief when she was reminded that she still possessed the necklace. That necklace that had the emerald. That necklace that she was worn on the day of her wedding. She knew no would be able to take away that piece of jewelry in her presence.

"Do you think i am a fool? I very well know what that emerald means. And i even stole it from your house when you were busy honeymooning with your love in jodhpur!" he said signing off with an evil laugh towards the end. Sonakshi felt a lump forming in her throat. She felt her body going numb after hearing that the emerald was in his possession.

"Fuck off John.... I am never going to give you that book. I am never going to let you live long!" sonakshi lashed at him.

"Then better save your love!" he said and disappeared in seconds. Reality struck sonakshi when she got reminded about dev being downstairs. All these years she had no fear of losing anyone but now she had Dev beside her and he had to ensure that he is out of danger, unlike the last time when she herself pushed him in the mouth of death. Though he had a protective shield around him but she knew that john would surely chuck out a way to harm him.

She rushed down to where dev was pacing around waiting for sonakshi. Sonakshi saw the humongous bookshelf that was just beside him shaking and trembling. The shelf started falling on top of Dev. Sonakshi sped up towards dev and dragged him away from the place at the right moment. The shelf tumbled down to where dev was standing earlier. Though john couldnt touch dev but with this he could have injured dev badly.

"dev!.. Are u alright?!... Oh my god Dev!.. Are u hurt?" sonakshi looked petrified. She could have loosed dev and that thought just petrified her. Worry was easily seen on her face as creases were made on her forehead. Dev was appalled to see her in such a vulnerable state.

"hey... hey... I am fine sonakshi calm down!" dev engulfed her in his embrace. Sonakshi tightened her grip over him as if she isnt leaving in any way. She hugged him tighter letting out all her fears.

"sonakshi.. What happened upstairs?" dev asked curiously and she explained everything.

"what john said doesnt matter.... What really matters now is that i couldnt fulfill my duties.... I have always failed proving myself dutiful." sonakshi sounded pained. John being on the verge of immortality didnt pain her more than the pain that she received when she wasnt able to protect that necklace.  "dev... It was my responsibility to protect that necklace.. And john stole it.... It was something related to you... How i just let that go!"

"relax sona... We are going to bring that back."

"first we need to keep the book safe...we can't let them have it that they are a move ahead to their evil plans."

"where is the book by the way?" Dev asked.

"Dev can you get us two tickets booked to Maldives?"

🔶🔹🔶🔹🔶🔹🔶🔹🔶🔹🔶🔹🔶🔹🔶

I know this isnt quite a devakshiliscous chappy but this was a imp chappy. But i guarantee that the coming chapters will be completely devakshiliscous! 😆 😍😍

Precap- Devakshi in Maldives😍😍