Chapter 11 - All about Vampires

"The chaos outside the palace had quitened down but I was still going through turmoil, quivering under the beast's hold....I could hear someone's footsteps towards us. I could clearly recognise that it wasn't Ratan. The silhouette figure was nearing us but before I could see the face the image turned hazy as I felt a scorching pain in my neck....." Sonakshi said crying a stream of hot tears as she recalled that dreadful night.

"Who was that?" Dev asked.

"I don't know who was it....but the only thing I could remember is that I woke up at the British headquarters, all weak and fragile. My head was spinning with pain. I was zoning in and out of consciousness. I could hear John speaking with a lady perfectly claded with English outfit...."

"Who was she?" Dev asked.

(Nina Dobrev as Carolyn Ester)

(Nina Dobrev
as Carolyn Ester)

"She was Carolyn Ester. She was with John. She too was a vampire, much more older, around 750 years old. Carolyn was the one who transisted John into a vampire. Carolyn and John were quite husband and wife. Both of them wanted the necklace that we possessed. That necklace had sapphires and ruby which would give them protection against even older vampires. With that sapphire any vampire could fight against older vampires who are much more stronger...."

"After John had fed upon my blood I was trapped in their house. Carolyn had compelled me.I was not in my sense. I couldn't figure out what was right and what was wrong. I was totally under her control."

"John had bit you and you were a vampire right....so you could have fought" Dev implored like a curious child who wanted to know everything.

"No.....one simply does not become a vampire just by a vampire bite.....a vampire bite just induces the vampire genes......the vampire gene is not activated until and unless you feed upon blood....moreover Carolyn was much more stronger.....older vampires have more powers and strength.....so Carolyn had compelled me to feed on blood.....and I wasn't under my control..."

"So still you weren't a vampire....then how did you become one? Whom did you feed upon?" Dev asked...

"Dev please.......I wouldn't answer this."

"Why?"

"Because that is the truth I am running away from....that one act of mine make me loath over myself....that one act of killing someone made me a monster...." I still couldn't digest the bitterest truth of my life when I myself couldn't digest the fact.....then how could dev understand it..

"Sonakshi....please you have to tell me...you can't hide anything...." Dev continuously insisted..

"No dev....I cannot say whom I killed....you don't even know what I am feeling....if I wouldn't have got compelled, my life wouldn't have been such a misery......I wouldn't have been so alone....I wouldn't have killed someone who was very important in my life...." I was on the verge of breaking down.

"Come on Sonakshi....tell me"

"It was you..!"

**************

Finally an update after one whole month....sorry for disappointing you people but my mid term board exams are in September and I am quite busy with studies.....till September updates would be irregular or may be even short......but after September....updates would be regular hopefully.

Had anyone thought that Sonakshi/Padmini could have killed Dev/Ratan? Was quite unexpected right? Comment below.....