Chapter 5: Memories...

Stan's POV:

"We should get back to sleep."

"Yeah." I replied, watching Kay climb under the thin blanket. I copy him and lay my head back down. I'm so tired but, I don't think I can sleep. I have to many questions to ask. And something about his voice and hands and eyes. It was to familiar.

"Hey, Stan?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for caring about me and my brother. It means a lot."

"Dont worry. I care," I said, sitting up to look at him. "We can be friends right?"

"Really?"

"Sure. It can be one of the cliché movie things, were they become best friends forever."

"Haha. Yeah. And we stay friends despite the difficulties."

"Its a promise!"

"I promise we will always be friends."

"Huh..."

~flashback~

"Hey, Kyle?"

"Yeah?"

"How... Well... I..."

"What?"

"Do you think it will always be like this?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Like do you think we will always be this close."

"Sure?"

"Like, we'll both probably grow up and have kids and have a family of our own."

"Yeah, what's your point?"

"Everything's gonna change... But do I want it to change?"

"Huh?"

"When we have our families, we won't be as close. And I've enjoyed the time we've spent together."

"What's made you think of this?"

"Wendy was talking about marriage again, all that girly stuff."

"Dude, I don't know why your thinking about this but, you have nothing to worry about."

"..."

"We're best friends stupid. And not just best friends, we're Super Best Friends. We are never gonna separate, we're Stan and Kyle the inseparable pair of misfits. Everyone knows that."

"But we won't be as close. I want to be able to see you everyday."

"Well we have other friends. You have a relationship. And relationships are a big commitment. And we fall in love with who we want, we don't have any control over it. We still hang out now with everything that happens in this stupid mountain town. So why can't we make time for us in the future?"

"..."

"What's the problem?"

"..."

"Stan... Say something."

"I HAVE LOADS OF FRIENDS! BUT YOU'RE THE ONLY BEST FRIEND I HAVE..... I'M SCARED OF LOOSING YOU KYLE!"

"Dude. Your so stupid."

"But it's true...."

"Well, we will always be together. Nothing could ever stand between us."