Chapter 9: Thank You!

Each person in the crowd moves as if it was clockwork, pulling their eyes to one thing and then another. They respond in predictable ways, each of them with a goal to achieve for the day. I never realized that people do one thing, everyday, every week, every month... never stopping to take it in. I was like that. I was depressed. Just getting on with my life, feeling more like a crowd than an individual person. I've felt that way since I was ten. Everything, was just shapes ((If you get that reference. I love you)) . There was only one thing that wasn't a shape for me at that time. Kyle. He helped me, he was my friend. He listened, and I really trusted in him. He was the light in my darkness. I didn't know things would end up like this. Without him, people went back to being shapes, getting pulled along in the game we call life.

And here I am. Dragging my ever so tired body along the streets to find someone who gave up on me, to someone who left me, to someone who hates me. But does he.....? All those things he said. I'm really confused. Were do we stand. I need to talk to him. But... Where is he. The U-Store-It was completely empty, except for a splatter of blood on the floor where Kyle was. I hope he's okay. I would look for him again but, my body is so exhausted from lack of sleep and running away from those guys. Speaking of those guys, I wonder where they are. Surely they are still running around trying to find me. But our town is really small, they will find me soon enough. Maybe I should go home, at least I would be a little safer there.

I start walking to my house the quickest and safest way. I had to weave my way through alleys, with drug addicts and smokers, sitting near fires. I was walking through the park when the sun started to set. I watch the sun fall behind the horizon, painting the sky shades of red and pink. I felt so small as I glanced over my shoulder and saw my shadow slowly shrinking towards my feet. I must've stood there for a while unable to take my eyes off of the fiery sky. The warming colors mingled with the rolling clouds, then that melted away into a peaceful darkness that took over the sky. I started to walk home again. I always loved the night. It was when Kyle and I would sneek out and play games, talk. It was also when I first fell in love with Kyle.

~flashback~

"Kyle, please open the door!"

"Shut up. You'll wake up the whole town."

"Just listen to me."

"I'm sorry Stan. I can't!"

"I love you Kyle."

"I... I don't..."

"Please, just listen for a second. And don't run away this time."

"Just let me close the door..."

"I started to feel really weird around you. Like how I used to feel around Wendy. I talked to Kenny about it and he said, that maybe, I liked you. At first I thought it was a silly joke to put aside but, I started noticing how much I liked you. And really do like you Kyle. I love you."

"Wow. I still... I need to go..."

"I know it's a lot to take in but, please..."

"Please what Stan? I can't reject you because, it would hurt you and I love you to much for that."

"You love me?"

"I'm sorry Stan."

"For what?"

"I can't be with you."

"Why?"

"I just can't"

"YOU HAVE TO HAVE A REASON, YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME."

"I'M SORRY BUT, IT'S A DIFFICULT SITUATION."

"HOW IS THIS DIFFICULT? JUST TELL ME WHY, AND THEN WE CAN GO BACK TO BEING FRIENDS!"

"STAN, I DO LO-"

"KYLE, GET INSIDE THIS HOUSE THIS INSTANT YOUNG MAN!"

~flashback end~

Fuck this shit. I felt something on my cheek. I reached up and wiped away my tears. I hate that memory. But I love that memory as well. I don't know what to do. I just feel like disappearing, so I don't have to feel the way I feel.

"WHY DO HAVE TO BE SO CONFUSING KYLE BROFLOVSKI!!"

"I'm sorry." I quickly snapped my head to see a limping Kyle, leaning on his little brother. He looked genuinely sincere.

"Why are you apologizing. You didn't do anything."

"I did, I left you all alone when you needed it most." I ran up to him and gave him a giant hug.

"Ooowww. That fucking hurts."

"Shit I'm so sorry. We should get you to a hospital."

"Thank you."