Chapter 1/2 (I wrote this in 6th grade, so bear with me here!)

- Magic is real, but where magic lives, darkness lives also...

For my friends, inspiring authors, and my family, who have always been there for me and have supported me...and no mom...I didn't work on homework for 2 hrs...I was working on this most of that time.

Chapter ½

My name is Samantha. People call me Sam for short though. I am fifteen, old enough to lead an army and to be a warrior. I am slim, tall, and I am very clever if I do say so myself. My brother, Ash, is a year older than me. We are Pixters. He has a yellow gemstone, and I have a red gemstone. His is on a silver ring, and mine is on a silver chain.

It is after the apocalypse, when diseases broke out and many natural disasters happened,and killed everyone but one. That one was a brilliant scientist, and he created people, and new races have formed. He meant to create humans, but something went wrong, and this new world was created.
My race, the Pixters, have magic. We have gemstones that hold our power, and life. Our magic is rated by the color of your gem. Meaning red being most powerful and purple being not so powerful. I have a red gem, which is extremely rare for a girl! They...we... live in Archway. We are born with the gemstone in our wrists. We may choose to take it out or leave it in.
The second race, the Stellers, are not magical when they are born. They steal the gemstones from Pixters. They take gemstones so they can have magic and they can live longer. If they take a gemstone, can't be killed unless you destroy the gemstone they have taken possession of. They drill it into their wrists most of the time, or they leave in on the piece of jewelry it was already attached to. They must take the gemstone from a Pixter, it's just their nature and how their personalities are. When they steal a gemstone, they can only cast three spells without it being tethered to their life. To make it theirs, they have to say The Chant and drop five drops of their blood onto it. The only way to take your gemstone back so you (Pixter) don't die, you steal it back, you have to have someone place it in your wrist, chant the Fertelli spell, put three drops of the owner's blood onto it, and it is yours again. The Stellers live in Contrillo. Every person they take a gemstone from, they leave a mark on their arm, as a reminder.
Invice are demons. They once were Stellers, but the power overtook them and now controls them. When power starts to consume them, the gemstones turn black. It takes 66 days for them to fully turn, and for the gemstone to go totally black. By the 47th day, it is too late for you to get it back to the owner and save them. They live in Deatherain.
All of us stay in our own lands. No one has ever gone into Deatheran and survived. If a Pixter's stone is taken from them, and the Steller tethers it to their life, the Pixter will become ill and painfully, slowly die within two weeks, or three weeks if they are lucky. If a Steller didn't tether it to their life, and the gem is taken, their magic is taken, but they don't die unless they destroy the gem, and burn the pieces in Gregan fire. Gregan fire pretty much fire you can't burn out, and is located in the Richen Pit de Lechani. If the original owner of the gem is dead, you should destroy it in the fire to kill the Steller before they strike again. If an Invice's stone is taken, they return into their Steller form, and if the gem is destroyed, they will die slowly from bugs eating them from the inside out. It usually takes a couple weeks.
Now that you understand... let us go on with the story!