Chapter 2

"Come on! Haven't you ever ridden a horse?" I yell. Ryan yells and roughly comes next to me. "Nope. I think there is something wrong with this horse!" Ryan yells. I smile and roll my eyes. "No, there is just something wrong with the rider! " I say with a grin. I smack the back of the horse and it sprints forward. Ryan screams and starts to slide off the horse. I laugh as my horse gallops gracefully forward. I catch up to Ryan and help him back on his horse by pulling him upwards. I position his hands correctly onto the reins, show him how to ride, and we ride a little longer. "Ms. Samantha, Mr. Ryan, your waters." Ben says as he catches up to us on his horse. He hands us the cups and we take them. We hand them back to him when we are done and continue riding.
We head into the kitchen and pass Jasmine, the main chef. "Hello! How are you today?" She asks automatically. I say I am doing fine and thank her. I order a large turkey, cranberries, strawberries and cream, potatoes, celery, lemonade, sweet tea, slices of cake, and food for our horses. I give her seven golden coins to go shopping, a day off, and she bows excitedly. I open my bag and go into the pantry. I shove as much food in there as possible while Jasmine was busy preparing our food at lightning speed. I swiftly jam five full canteens of water in there also, and close the bag.
I wake up to the sound of the wind beating against my window.. I tip-toe out of my room and look at the grandfather clock. Two in the morning. I put on a black crop top with thin straps that connect to my black leather pants. I put on knee high brown leather boots and I put my hair in a messy fishtail. I get my other brown bag and take a few weapons. I wave my hand at the bag and it becomes small but bottomless. I stick all the weapons I can in the bag and tie the bag to my wrist. I sneak out and find a piece of black cloth. I tie it around my head so my nose and the rest of the bottom of my head is covered. I walk into Ryan's room and find him ready to go. I whisper that it is time to go as he gets a sword, and we head out. I stop before we go out and wrote a note to Ben and my father. We open the door, and I find Ben standing outside. I yelp and stumble back. I stand up and ask, "What are you doing?" He smiles and replies, "I've known you long enough to know that you would go after your brothers gemstone. You have fifteen days to find it and come back. Here is some gold just in case." I thank him and follow him. I see Ryan a couple paces behind me, and see our horses. Ben leads our horses over to us, gently petting it. I smile and hear Ryan sigh. "Ugh! Why horses? Why not....goats or pigs!" He says. I laugh and get on my horse. Ryan roughly climbs onto the horse and manages to get on without falling off again. I thank Ben again and he hands me something. "Use it when you need it. You will know when to use it when the time comes." He says as he hands me a gold sack. I put it into my boot and we ride away from Archway.
We ride for a couple hours and stop. I get off my horse and feed it. "Shh Black Beauty...relax." I whisper. I start to hum softly as I take my bag off Black Beauty. "What's his name." Ryan looks to his horse. "Thunderbolt. He was abused by Stellers until we found him." I reply. I close my eyes and a stable made of roots forms and I stick Black Beauty and Thunderbolt into it. I raise my chin up and lift a hand. A little hut is formed from stick and roots. I go inside and form two beds and sit on one. I grab a lamp from the saddle and put in in the middle of the two beds. Ryan lays down on one and I turn off the light. I fall into a deep sleep.